NEWS IN BRIEF
- Manufacturing Statistics. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p3
The presents manufacturing statistics in the U.S. and Japan. The U.S. generated $1.79 billion worth of manufactured products in 2005. On the other hand, Japan produced $990 billion worth of manufactured goods during the same year.
- Spectacular Failures. Master, Melissa // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p24
Features several products which failed in the United States market. Gerber Singles; LifeSavers soda; Kellog's Breakfast Mates cereal; Reasons for the failure of the products.
- Durable Goods Orders Rose 1.2 % in November. // American Banker;12/27/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 246, p24
Reports that demand for durable goods increased in November, 1999 in the United States. Reasons why the manufacturing sector is benefitting including an increase in personal spending and personal income.
- Durable Goods Dip Is First in 3 Months. Del Giudice, Vincent // American Banker;2/25/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 38, p20
Reports on a decline in the United States of orders for durable goods. Other order for goods which have increased; Indications that the manufacturing industry is strong in the US; Purchase of business equipment such as computer by companies in the US.
- Supplier Selection and Maintenance. Arter, Dennis R. // Quality Progress;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p104
Focuses on the selection of suppliers by the companies in the United States. Observation of the performance of the suppliers; Requirement in choosing suppliers; Availability of the high quality commodities provided by the supplier.
- Newsbites. // Drug Store News;8/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p131
Reports on developments concerning the United States manufacturers of consumer products as of August 24, 1998. Includes Brian Gaggin's decision to join National Beverage Corp. as vice president of sales and marketing for Shasta USA; Milnot Co.'s purchase of Ralcorp. Holdings' Beech-Nut...
- July Numbers Signal Ubbeat Production for Durables. Rozelle, Walter N. // Textile World;Sep99, Vol. 149 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the increase in production of durable goods in the United States in July 1999. Comparison to projected growth.
- Menu Mgmt.: Seeking new ways to cut labor & prep. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p50
Looks at the increasing popularity of manufacturer brand concepts in the United States. Reason the military has shifted to ready-made brand stations; Information on food branding; Contract signed by the Army Center of Excellence, Subsistence with Hunt-Wesson Branded Concepts; Challenge of...
- Factory Orders, Inventories Off. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p2
Reports on factory orders for manufactured gods in the United States in June 2001. Orders for transportation equipment.