HOMESCHOOLING: The Sleeping Giant of American Education
- DA FirstTake Survey: How would you characterize the homeschooling trend in your district? // District Administration;Jul2015, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p1
A chart is presented that highlights the results of a survey about home schooling trends in the U.S.
- Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide. Lawrence, Julia // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;12/2/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 37, p3
The article reports on the growing number of homeschoolers in the U.S. as of December 2, 2015.
- IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGIES FOR CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT OF ACHIEVEMENT. Tatum, Beverly Daniel; Calhoun, W. Rochelle; Brown, Scott C.; Ayvazian, Andrea // Liberal Education;Spring2000, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p18
Discusses the strategies applied by colleges and universities in the United States to increase the diversity of their student body. Creation of a learning environment; Identity development among students; Encouragement for sense of belonging; Goals of liberal arts education; Challenges in...
- The way they should go. Seu Peterson, Andrée // World (0888157X);10/29/2016, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p63
The article focuses on the growth of homeschooling in the U.S., and that it is suggested that homeschoolers should keep their focus on morals and religion and Jesus Christ.
- Go Figure. // Christianity Today;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p16
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics in the U.S., including the number of homeschooled students ranging from 5 to 17 years old in 1999, the percentage of churches that have experienced a conflict that led some people to leave and the percentage of U.S. citizens who claim that...
- AGENDER AT RISK. Shakeshaft, Charol // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar86, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p499
In this article the author discusses inequality for female students in schools of the U.S., highlighting ways in which an inequitable educational system results in poor education for girls. It mentions that most of the time educators are not even aware that their model of schooling is male...
- Caution: Second -Wave Reform Taking Place. Michaels, Ken // Educational Leadership;Feb88, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p3
Examines key issues and developments relevant to education reform in the U.S. Personalization of the school environment; Philosophical beliefs about teaching and learning; Improvement of education; Role of educators.
- What They're Saying. // Curriculum Review;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p3
Presents American citizens' reactions to issues relating to education and school environments as of May 2000. Includes the cost of neglecting special education; Failure of certain reform movements to improve reading and writing skills of children; Categories under which all teaching decisions...
- CONSTITUTIONALITY OF HOME EDUCATION: HOW THE SUPREME COURT AND AMERICAN HISTORY ENDORSE PARENTAL CHOICE. Olsen, Chad // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;2009, Issue 2, p399
The article focuses on the rights of parents to home school their children. According to the article, some parents home school their children due to differences in religious beliefs and certain public school policies. It is stated that the history of home education has served as a tool for...