The Tricky Topic of Tipping
- Doggie Bags Aren't For Fido Anymore. Lach, Jennifer // American Demographics;Sep99, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p10
Shows the result of a survey conducted by Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch on the dining behavior of people in the United States. Analysis of the result; Comments from Richard Pillsbury, a professor of geography at Georgia State University; Types of restaurants that they prefer.
- Toplines: The bonus round. Fetto // American Demographics;Dec99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p10
Presents information on bonuses received by workers for 1999 in the United States. Survey conducted by the Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch; Full-time employees as the most likely to receive bonuses; Variations in bonus type; Expenditures of the bonuses.
- Country's Health Care Seen Compromised By Low Level Of Commitment, Lack Of Nurses. // Insurance Advocate;4/7/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p40
Reports on the critical shortage of nurses in the U.S., according to a study released by Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch. Factors causing the deficiency; Attempts to uncover potential solutions; Increase in the number of U.S. healthworkers who has a low level of commitment.
- National Lottery proves UK's top gambling game. Arnold, Matthew // Marketing (00253650);8/30/2001, p3
Focuses on the dominance of the national lottery in gambling activities according to research made by Taylor Nelson Sofres in Great Britain.
- Greenfield Online has three new partners. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p18
Reports on the partner program built by Greenfield Online Inc. to serve the online data collection needs of research companies in Wilton, Connecticut. Sale of its custom research division to Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch; Concentration of the firm on providing online data collection...
- Agents of Change. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;02/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
Offers a look at the indicators of economic slowdown in the United States as of February 2001. Decline in the expectation of prosperity according to a study by Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch in 2000; Performance of several industrial sectors; State of the wireless industry.
- The one you love to hate. // Wireless Asia;Feb2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the results of a survey by Taylor Nelson Sofres Intersearch which rank the mobile phone as the most hated invention in the U.S. Other 'most hated' devices.
- Homos, hardhats: big tips. // Body Politic;Jun81, Issue 74, p16
Reports on a survey of tipping habits conducted by "Bartender Magazine." Group of people who give big tips; Information on the stingiest tippers.
- Holiday tipping: What people really give. // Consumer Reports;Dec2004, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p57
Presents a guide for consumers concerning the amount of money to give as a holiday tip. Types of services to which people give holiday tips; Confusion over the amount to tip on the holidays; Description of the survey; View that people should reward those who have made a difference; Importance of...