Baltimore Stadium Debt Safe Despite PSINet's Likely Bankruptcy
- Strategic Partnerships: Large Cos Helping Small. Peterson, Ron // SCOR Report;Apr2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the trend of large firms in investing in small companies in the United States (U.S.). How some fastest growing U.S. businesses are deploying surplus cash; Estimated number of companies in which PsiNet has investment; Special characteristics of strategic investors.
- Stadium Revisited. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the proposal for funding a Colts football stadium by the state Senate in Indiana. Revision of the financing scheme that included tax on services in Marion County; Recommendation of hotel and motel taxes.
- Gov't approves HUF 9.6 bln for stadium construction. // Hungary A.M.;8/29/2013, p5
The article reports on the approval by the government of Hungary for the earmark worth 9.6 billion Hungarian forint for the construction of a football stadium in Szombathely.
- Grant interference. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/3/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that a 200,000 U.S. dollars worth of grant from the National Football League's (NFL) Grassroots Field Grant Program has been given to Nashua, New Hampshire school officials to fund the replacement of the aging turf field at Stellos Stadium in summer of 2011.
- N.Y. Jets Out, PILOTS In? O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p1
The article reports that an unusual approach to debt involving payments in lieu of taxes might become the public finance legacy of New York City's thwarted attempt to build a stadium in Manhattan for the Jets football team. The city's plan to construct the stadium on the far West Side suffered a...
- PSINet weighs options. Haney, Clare // Network World;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p16
Reports that Internet service provider (ISP) PSINet is working with investment bank Goldman Sachs to determine how to improve its financial situation. Possible complete or partial sell-off of the operations of PSINet; Consideration of a strategic alliance as a way to improve valuation; Negative...
- Stadium RFPs in San Diego. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p35
The article reports on the plan of the San Diego County, California Board of Supervisors to put out requests for proposals from financial advisers and attorneys seeking help with a potential stadium project for the San Diego Chargers football team. After a failed attempt by the National Football...
- Arizona Agency OKs Up to $45M for Stadium Infrastructure. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p3
Reports that the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority (ASTA) board voted to issue up to $45 million of revenue bonds for infrastructure upgrades around the Arizona Cardinals football stadium under construction in Glendale. Possibilithy that ASTA would issue only $33 million by the end of...
- Empire State Development Corp. OKs $1.9 Billion Jets-Javits Plan. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32110, p1
Reports that the Empire State Development Corp. has approved the New York Sports and Convention Center project which will allow for the construction of a football stadium and expansion of the nearby Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Expectation that the proposed stadium would...