Denver City Council: Private Road Would Take Its Toll on Poor
- Do You Like Smelling Diesel Fuel? Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/2/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p6
The article commends the City Council in Bulverde, Texas for not voting towards the approval of a pass-through financing agreement made by the Texas Department of Transportation for toll roads in Texas. It infers that the tolling project has no proof that it will generate much higher sales tax...
- Fitch Analyst Calls for More Realistic Toll-Road Forecasts. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p5
Reports on the call for a more realistic toll-road revenue and traffic forecasts in the U.S. Contents of a report released by Fitch Ratings.
- Harris County, Tex., Looks at Options for Toll Road System. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p3
The article reports on investment banks' investigation of options for Harris County Toll Road Authority in Texas to make the road system more profitable including privatization and long-term lease. Financial adviser First Southwest Co. will coordinate the efforts of banks assigned to the studies...
- A change in the policy climate? Current European perspectives on road pricing. Grieco, Margaret; Jones, Peter M. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1517
Examines the changes in attitudes towards road pricing in the European Community across the range of members states and their geographical neighbors. Mobility of European road-pricing projects; Interaction of political and technical pressures; Policy impulses behind electronic road pricing;...
- Bumpy Road. Bloom, Roger // Orange County Business Journal;12/03/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the success of the debt restructuring of the California Transportation Co. in Los Angeles, California. Controversy over the tolls of the 91 Express Lanes; Reaction of commuters to the announcement of the tolls.
- Arkansas toll plan advances. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Apr99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on plans for the development of toll booths on Interstates by the Highway Commission in Arkansas. Opposition of the Arkansas Motor Carrier Association (AMCA) on the proposal; Toll charges and provisions; AMCA proposals as an alternative for the tolling project.
- FIRMS WIN BID TO EXTEND HIGHWAY. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/24/1999, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p30
Reports the construction of an extension to the electronic toll highway in Toronto, Ontario. Responsibility of a Canadian-Spanish consortium to design and operate the extensions; List of members financing the extension; Features of the highway.
- Higher toll for aging roads. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p1
Highlights a report commissioned by Illinois Governor George Ryan on the financial state of tollways in the state. Cost of repairing the state's toll roads; Plans to increase tolls to cover the cost of maintaining the tollway system; Revenues generated by the system annually.
- Automatic E-Z pass continues to make inroads in northeast toll collection plazas. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p30
Features transportation agencies in the United States employing the E-Z Pass toll-collection system, which enable motorists to use toll roads without stopping. Effect of the use of the technology on the agencies' credit ratings; Standardization of toll-collection mechanisms across different...