GAY-RIGHTS AS A PARTICULAR INSTANTIATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- Rights bill may take another year to pass. // Advocate;4/10/74, Issue 135, p7
Reports on the postponement in the ratification of the human rights draft legislation in Florida. Reasons for the decision of the Florida Human Relations Commission to postpone the draft consideration; Inclusion of the 'sexual preference' clause in the draft.
- U.S. Urged to Fight More for Gay Rights. Roehr, Bob // Windy City Times;3/26/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that gay U.S. ambassadors Michael Guest and James Hormel called on the U.S. government to fight for more gay rights in the U.S. and abroad in light of findings of the "2007 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices," which was released by the U.S. State Department.
- Get to know the Universal Declaration. Mitchell, Donn // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;Winter99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p13
Discusses gay and lesbian rights that may be read into the provisions of the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Statement of principles about what the law ought to be; Provisions of the Declaration that have the potential for further gay-affirmative development; Need for gay...
- CANADA. // Advocate;8/1/89, Issue 530, p20
Reports that Nova Scotia's provincial government has decided not to introduce a revised human rights act that included a ban on anti-gay discrimination in 1989.
- Board refuses to set gay rights pace. // Advocate;3/27/74, Issue 134, p19
Discusses the refusal of the Ontario Human Rights Commission to take a position on gay rights proposals submitted by Gay Alliance Toward Equality. Protest of gays on the decision of the board; Precedence of past recommendations for changes in the code.
- Looking forward. Berrong, Ric // Just Out;7/18/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p5
Encourages U.S. gays to stand up for their rights. Positive changes and opportunities; Commitment to achieving the goal of basic human rights for all; Optimism for the future.
- Council in Eugene, Ore., defeats proposals 5-2. // Advocate;1/2/74, Issue 128, p3
Reports that gays in Eugene, Oregon are undaunted despite the decision of the city council decision not to extend the city's equal opportunity ordinance to gays. Members of the city council who voted in support of the gay rights amendment; Opinions of people who opposed the amendment; Comments...
- BC HUMAN RIGHTS TRIBUNAL IN JEOPARDY? Christopher, Nathaniel // Xtra West (Vancouver);7/29/2010, Issue 442, p20
The article reports on the impact of the changes to the Human Rights Tribunal in British Columbia on some members of the gay and legal communities in terms of the future of the quasi-judicial body tasked with upholding human rights in the province.
- Md. Judge Orders Vote on Rights Law. Marks, Jim // Advocate;10/2/84, Issue 404, p16
Reports on a 1984 court ruling in favor of the holding of a referendum on the gay rights provisions of the human rights law in Montgomery County, Maryland. Claims of an anti-gay rights group which filed the court case; Reasons of the court for suspending the gay rights provisions of the law.