B&I Operations Weigh in
- MarketCapsule: Avg. Checks Are Stepping Up. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Presents data on the average transaction sales of non-commercial food service operators in the United States for 1999.
- Corporate Chefs. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/15/2003 Supplement, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p6
Presents a exclusive survey on research chef in the U.S. Length of experience in food service; Average salary per year; Participation in non-work-related hobbies.
- NTF survey: Turkey sales up as protein's menu use grows. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p94
Reports on the increase of turkey sales within the foodservice industry according to a survey conducted by the National Turkey Federation. Reflection of continuation of the product's growth pattern within the restaurant industry; Factors causing the increase in sales; Enumeration of the...
- IN MENUS, DIVERSITY RULES. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the survey outcome of the 2010 Menu Development Study organized yearly by Foodservice Director magazine. It states that Asian is the most preferred ethnic cuisine mainly because of the students' familiarity with Chinese food and majority of the school population are Asians....
- WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE. McComb, Richard // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/9/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4825, p52
This article focuses on a trend emerging in global cuisine. It discusses hybridization in food service, the food served at a party held at a Swedish ambassador's residence in London, England, fish courses served at the Bocuse d'Or cooking competition, and the launch of a survey on global flavor...
- 2nd-tier hotel brands cast wary eye on cloudy economic horizon. Ruggles, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p76
Reports the performance of the hotel chains in the annual ranking of top restaurants in the United States. Sales generated from hotel food and beverage; Hotel companies included in the survey; Comparison of the sale performance of the companies between 2000 and 2001.
- 2009 Menu Development Survey. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses highlights of the 2009 Menu Development survey compiled by "FoodService Director." It showed that 24% listed Thai as the hottest ethnic cuisine, while 14% listed Mediterranean/Greek as the hottest, followed by Indian, with 8%. Latino moves to the top of the list when it...
- FOODSERVICE IS GREENER, SAYS GRAM GREEN PAPER. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/9/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4825, p48
The article presents results of the 2014 Gram Green Paper survey launched at Hotelympia event, which reveals an increase in the number of operators and chefs who believe that the food service sector is greener compared to 2008 and options to implement environmentalism in the industry.
- Salary watch. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4351, p73
Focuses on salaries of chefs in Great Britain involved in the contract catering business. Percentage of food service sales increase between 1999 and 2003; Factor that contributed to the increase in sales; Overview of salaries of chefs in the Southwest of England.