'Laura' charms Telemundo auds
- Telemundo tries tradition with a twist. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p32
Reports the impact of the revamped television schedule of Telemundo on network ratings in the United States. Aims of the programming overhaul; Objectives on bilingual and bicultural media market; Reconstruction of sitcoms and action series into Spanish; Comparison between Univision and...
- New look boosts Telemundo's ratings. Donohue, Steve; Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1A
Discloses the ratings increases of Hispanic television company Telemundo as a result of its revamped programming. Projections for advertising revenue increases; Financial backing by owners Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media; Competition with Univision; Airing of several originals...
- Univision bounces back. // Advertising Age;8/27/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 35, p25
Reports on the rating of the Spanish-language television network Univision Network in terms of the number of viewers in August 1990. Competition between Univision and Telemundo Group; Viewers' ranking for the television program 'Sabado Gigante.'
- The News Makes News at Telemundo. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p14
Relates the redefinition of Spanish television network Telemundo. Newscasts added by the network in different regions in the U.S.; Issues and topics added by Telemundo to its programming; Comparison of the prime-time ratings of Telemundo with competitor Univision.
- TELEMUNDO'S SWEET SWEEPS. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;06/06/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p11
Reports that Hispanic television network Telemundo Group Inc. experienced significant year-over-year ratings growth for its television programs in the May 2000 sweeps. Increase in the company's share of the Spanish-language television market; Its market share in Chicago, Illinois, and San...
- THE WEBS. // Variety;09/04/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 3, p62
Covers information on television broadcasting in the United States as of September 4, 2000. Reasons for the record-low Nielsen ratings of `Monday Night Football'; Update on the reshuffle of Fox's time schedule for `Night Visions'; Details on the merger of the ownership and operational...
- The trouble with networks' past is they can't escape it. Bednarski, P.J. // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Presents comparisons of the past and present of United States broadcast network television. Meanings of ratings and audience share in the 1970s and 1990s.
- Webs must play sweeps for keeps. Lowry, Brian // Variety;12/5/94, Vol. 357 Issue 6, p25
Discusses the necessity of sweeps, ratings surveys used to assess performance of television programs. Comparison of network schedules; Statements from network executives; Use of preempting programs in the May surveys.
- Telemundo gets key sweeps win in Miami. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;04/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p2
Reports that Telemundo's WSCV-TV television station has received the highest ratings for its primetime programs in Miami, Florida during the month of February 2001. Television audience categories; Indication of a shift within the Spanish-language audience.