Smith Electric Vehicles collaborates on first all-electric utility truck in US
- Smith and Altec unveil America's first all-electric truck mount. // Access International;Jul2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p47
The article evaluates an all electric truck-mounted crane from Smith Electric Vehicles US Corp. in collaboration with Altec Industries Inc.
- Medium-duty powers up. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Sep2009, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p24
The article reports on the success of Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. Corp. in introducing its all-electric medium-duty commercial truck that will start to operate in the U.S. in September 2009. Kevin Beck, vice president (VP) at Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. Corp., notes that the company is...
- Altec-SEV collaboration creates all-electric lift. // American Lift & Handlers;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the development of the first all-electric utility truck which has an aerial lifting device by Smith Electric Vehicles US Corp. (SEV US) and Altec Industries Inc. in the U.S. SEV US and Altec have collaborated to create the truck which is fuel emissions free and runs...
- Frito-Lay Launches Electric Truck Fleet in NYC. // World Trade: WT100;Oct2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
This article reports on the use of an electric delivery truck fleet from Smith Electric Vehicles by Frito-Lay in New York City.
- CCE Gets Keys to Smith Newton. // Beverage World;8/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p117
The article reports that Coca-Cola Enterprises was one of the four Fortune 500 companies provided with Smith Newtons, the largest commercially available battery-electric-powered truck, at an event held at the National Mall in Washington, D. C. According to Smith Electric Vehicles, the Newton is...
- ELECTRIC TRUCKS POWER UP. Cassidy, William B. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/21/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p52
The article discusses the plan by Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. to boost the sales of its electric delivery trucks in 2011 as fuel prices escalate. The company has been getting the confidence of suppliers and customers with steady orders and well-known customers such as Frito-Lay and Staples. The...
- Smith Electric Vehicles launches Newton Step Van. Krisher, Tom // Delta Automotive Report;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the launch of the Newton Step Van all-electric commercial vehicles from Smith Electric Vehicles US Corp.
- Zero-Emission Truck Project Announced. // Beverage World;4/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p84
This article reports on the plan of Smith Electric Vehicles (SEV) U.S. Corp. to assemble all-electric zero-emission commercial vehicles in Kansas City, Missouri. The new assembly plant is expected to create 120 jobs by 2010. Production of the zero-emission commercial trucks is scheduled to begin...
- Major US corporations go electric. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Aug2009, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p13
The article evaluates the Smith Newton electric truck from Smith Electric Vehicles.