is your kid being cyberbullied?
- Cyberbullying - where does it end? HILSENBECK, KIM // Free Press (Buda, TX);9/26/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p3B
The article informs about the increasing threats to middle school students regarding the cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Tech Torment. // Atlanta;May2007, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p46
The article presents the suggestions of Stacey DeWitt, nationally recognized parenting expert, on how parents can prevent their children from cyberbullying. DeWitt advices that parents should keep the computer in a common area. They should take their children out from the hostile environment....
- Oregon Public School Cancels Noon-Time Clergy Visits. // Church & State;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p21
The article reports on the decision of the Bend-La Pine School District in Oregon, to disallow clergy from visiting students, following the complaints of the parents. One parent argued that the school district should allow other religions to be represented. The middle school students are also...
- Parenting Practices and Adolescent Drug-Related Knowledge, Attitudes, Norms and Behavior. Macaulay, Araxi P.; Griffin, Kenneth W.; Gronewold, Elizabeth; Williams, Christopher; Botvin, Gilbert J. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p67
The current study explored the relationships between parenting practices and adolescent drug use. Suburban middle school students (N = 2129) completed surveys that included measures of perceived parental monitoring, discipline and setting an anti-drug message as well as measures of drug-related...
- Prevent your child from being a victim of cyberbullying. // New Jersey Jewish News;8/18/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 33, p26
The article offers tips on what parents can do to prevent their child from cyberbullying which starts by asking the child about groups of girls being mean or boys texting inappropriate photos of girls.
- real world yoga. Lasater, Judith Hanson // Yoga Journal;Oct2006, Issue 198, p22
The article presents a question and answer advisory for parents about their children's peer pressure during middle school age. The author said that the conflict resolves itself as teenager grows up. Communication is a key factor to peer pressure and by practicing the yoga precept of truth. Being...
- When She's Trading on Her Beauty. Lamb, Lynette // Daughters;May/Jun2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
Presents views on how a parent can help a beautiful daughter, who is entering middle school, not to user her beauty as a crutch. Idea of attractiveness; Price of being beautiful; Beauty from within.
- Impact of Parents' Profession on their Children's Learning English in Pakistan. Arshad, Muhammad; Attari, Zafar Hayat; Elahi, Ehsan // International Journal of Learning & Development;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p426
The aim of this study was to see the impact of parents' profession on learning English at intermediate level. With respect to learning English as a second language (as in Pakistan) has several challenges in the academic achievement for the students. Some of these are students' lack of...
- SEVIYE BELIRLEME SINAVINA GIRECEK OLAN ILK�GRETIM IKINCI KADEME �GRENCILERINDE SINAV KAYGISI, M�KEMMELIYET� ILIK VE... HANIMOGLU, Egemen; INAN�, Banu Yazgan // Journal of the Cukurova University Institute of Social Sciences;2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p351
The main purpose of this study is to determine whether the perfectionist personality traits and the attitudes of parents of secondary students predict their test anxiety. The sample of the research consisted of 723 secondary students studying at 6th . 7th . and 8th . grades. To collect data,...