- "For Our Own Best Interests ": Nineteenth-Century Laredo Tejanos, Military Service, and the Development of American Nationalism. MENDOZA, ALEXANDER // Southwestern Historical Quarterly;Oct2011, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p124
An essay is presented on Tejanos, or Texans of Mexican descent, in Laredo, Texas, focusing on military service and notions of American nationalism and patriotism. It examines Tejanos' stances toward and participation in several nineteenth century conflicts, including the Texas Revolution, the...
- Whither Tejano History: Origins, Development, and Status. De León, Arnoldo // Southwestern Historical Quarterly;Jan2003, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p350
Focuses on the history of Mexican Americans. Definition of the Tejano history concept; Significance of Tejano history to the history of Texas; Changes in the study of Chicano history.
- Introduction. // Today's Tejano Heroes;2000, preceding p1
The article presents an introduction to the book, Today's Tejano Heroes. It presents an overview of the content of the book. Several Tejanos featured in the book are cited. A Tejano is a Mexican-American with roots in Texas.
- Expanding Tejano territory. Burr, Ramiro // Billboard;07/25/98, Vol. 110 Issue 30, p52
Focuses on the Tejano market of Mexican music. Artists like Bobby Pulido, who are trying to make their names in the Tejano market; The Tejano triangle, which consists of Houston, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, and the Rio Grande valley; Pulido's music, which goes beyond a basic Tejano repertoire to...
- Book reviews. Cantrell, Gregg // Journal of the Early Republic;Winter94, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p581
Reviews the book, `Tejanos and Texas Under the Mexican Flag, 1821-1836,' by Andres Tijerina. Growth of the literature on Tejanos or Mexican Texans over the years; Organization of a brief book into chapters which explored the early settlement of Texas; Analysis of racial and geographic origins...
- The Tejano Diaspora: Mexican Americanism and Ethnic Politics in Texas and Wisconsin. Villarreal, Mary Ann // Western Historical Quarterly;Autumn2012, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p372
The article reviews the book "The Tejano Diaspora: Mexican Americanism and Ethnic Politics in Texas and Wisconsin," by Marc Simon Rodriguez.
- Tejanos and Texas under the Mexican Flag, 1821-1836 (Book). Crimm, A. C. Castillo // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Dec95, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p930
Reviews the book "Tejanos and Texas Under the Mexican Flag, 1821-1836," by AndrÃ©s Tijerina.
- Tejano South Texas: A Mexican American Cultural Province (Book). Garcia, Richard A. // Western Historical Quarterly;Winter2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p503
Reviews the book "Tejano South Texas: A Mexican American Cultural Province," by Daniel D. Arreola.
- The Tejano Diaspora: Mexican Americanism and Ethnic Politics in Texas and Wisconsin. De León, Arnoldo; De La Teja, Jesus F. // Southwestern Historical Quarterly;Apr2012, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p408
A review of the book "The Tejano Diaspora: Mexican Americanism and Ethnic Politics in Texas and Wisconsin," by Marc Simon Rodriguez is presented.
- Tejano Leadership in Mexican and Revolutionary Texas. Haworth, Daniel S. // Military History of the West;2010, Vol. 40, p101
A review of the book "Tejano Leadership in Mexican and Revolutionary Texas," by JesÃºs F. De la Teja is presented.