RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND
- Medium- and Long-Term: Outlook. // Thailand Country Monitor;Mar2012, p21
The article forecasts the economic and political conditions of Thailand as of March 2012 with regards to its medium and long-term prospects. It is expected that the constitutional changes implemented after the military coup will have a long-term effect on the distribution of power between the...
- Country Reports - Thailand. // Thailand Country Monitor;Aug2015, p1
A country report for Thailand is presented from publisher IHS Global Inc., with topics including economic growth, country risk rating and political condition.
- Economy Recovering, But Political Risks Remain. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
The article presents an analysis on the economic and political developments of Thailand in 2009. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), the gross domestic product (GDP) data for the second quarter of the year suggests an improvement in the economy. It forecasts that the shaky...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;Jan2012, p6
The article presents information on the economy of Thailand. The country's economy is dependent on export, which helped Thailand recover from the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis. Economic growth was weakened by political uncertainty and the global financial crisis in 2008. In 2010, the...
- Thailand Country Profile. // Thailand Country Profile;Dec2012, p1
The article focuses on the economic and political condition of Thailand in 2012. It says that the government promoted higher levels of public investment which fosters rapid economic growth. It adds that Thailand Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's coalition government aims to heighten the...
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2011, pU-1
The article presents an update on the political and economic sectors of Thailand. It reports the dismissal of the two lawsuits filed by the Election Commission (EC) against the ruling Democratic Party (DP) over alleged improper use of public funds during the 2005 election campaign and...
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2007 3rd Quarter, p5
The article presents political and economic-related developments in Thailand.
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p7
The article reports on the impact of the political unrest on the economy of Thailand in 2010.
- Executive Summary. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p5
The article offers information related to the economic forecasts and condition of Thailand which includes estimates on growth risks, balance of payments, and the position by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on the constitutional amendment.