Minnesota House GOP Unveils Tax-Cut Plan; Some Ventura Proposals Dropped
- A Note From the Editor-in-Chief. // Journal of State Taxation;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses various articles published within the issue, including one on the new Texas margin tax and another one on the taxation of Internet transactions.
- NORTHERN IRELAND TAX. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p56
Presents news briefs concerning taxation in Northern Ireland as of December 2002. Taxation of companies and businesses; Taxation of individuals; Indirect taxes.
- Federal Financial Assistance to Subjects of the Russian Federation and the Fiscal Behavior of Regional Authorities in 1994-2000. Kadochnikov, P.; Sinel'nikov-Murylev, S.; Trunin, I. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p7
Proposes a model for the financial behavior of subnational authorities regarding level of taxation in Russia. Maximization of the utility function; Effects of the amounts of central financial assistance on the choice of the amounts of expenditures; Estimation of allocating federal financial...
- Tennessee Offers Up $923 Million of Tax Increases to Reassure Raters. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p3
Reports the 2003 fiscal budget in Tennessee. Increase of taxation rate; Strategy of the state for budget-balancing; Decline of the tax collections; Avoidance of financial deficits.
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Approve $23B Budget; Swift Gets Bond Bills. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;8/2/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31441, p5
Reports the budget approval by the state legislature in Massachusetts. Generation of revenue in assessments and taxes; Finance for the environmental projects; Amount allocated for the housing bond bill.
- No Cards Stadium for Mesa; Tempe OKs Bed-Tax Hike. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p35
Reports the approval room tax increase to fund efforts in Dallas, Texas. Estimation of one billion dollars state budget shortfall by the end of fiscal year June 30; Selection of Glendale to the official site of stadium by the Tourism and Sports Authority; Discussions on school funding and state...
- Colorado Adding $200 Million Note Deal to Bridge Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p6
Reports that the state of Colorado will sell multi-million dollar of tax anticipation notes in November, 2002 as a supplement to the amount of note transaction sold earlier the same year. Reason for the deal made by Colorado officials; Procedure of selling the tax anticipation notes; Financial...
- Last Minute Tax Savings for 2003. Lynott, William J. // Massage & Bodywork;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p118
Delves into the tax savings taxpayers can get in the U.S. Acceleration of payments and deference of income; Ways to take advantage of the new tax laws; Method of saving more for retirement; Deduction of the costs involved in travel-related business transactions; Process of balancing out...
- Your Tax Dollars At Work. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the ways of spending taxes as approved by the Executive Council in New Hampshire.
- Budget problem in sheep's clothing. // Crain's New York Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p8
No abstract available.