SMP Idea to Be Clarified, Not Redone
- Emergency Powers Sought. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the proposal of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to grant it the authority to close and open the U.S. market for bonds in case of national emergency. Plans of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on publishing of the proposal; Amendments proposed by MSRB; Response...
- MSRB tells dealers how to disclose consultants' contributions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p32
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's issuance of guidance on how dealers in the United States should disclose consultants' political contributions. Amendments to Rule G-38; Exception that pertains to individual but not company consultants; Requirement for dealers to send...
- MSRB Outreach Meeting April 5 in Chicago. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p6
Focuses on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's plan to hold an outreach meeting in Chicago, Illinois on April 5, 2001. Board's call for market participants in the area to attend and share their views and concern regarding the board's initiatives and policies; Expected attendance of the...
- MSRB Launches Major Review of Its Rule G-37 on Political Contributions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's review of its Rule G-37 on political contributions. Elimination of confusion; Prevention of unintended consequences.
- MSRB drafts changes in rule G-38. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p1
Focuses on the United States-based Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's drafting of amendments to Rule G-38 that would force dealers to terminate their contracts with consultants who refuse to disclose. Concerns raised about dealers who use consultants to circumvent Rule G-37; Reasonable...
- MSRB to offer more information under reporting system. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p8
Focuses on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's plan to issue daily pricing information from more municipal securities trades under their transaction reporting program in the United States. Pressure from regulators and lawmakers to improve price transparency in the corporate and other...
- MSRB will disclose new chairman, goals. Hum, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p4
Reports on the plan of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to hold a telephone press conference to unveil the name of the board's new chairman.
- MSRB envisions future leadership role in muni market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30726, p4
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's long-range strategic plan. Facilitation of better communication among municipal market groups; Fostering of simpler, more cost-effective board rules.
- MSRB Notifies Dealers of New Fee, Billing Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30880, p5
Reports that the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will begin imposing fee on their transactions. Billing procedures to collect the fee; Exemption of certain short-term and variable-rate securities.