Tax Committee Chairman Thomas Optimistic About Bond Proposals
- WILLIAM EVERETT THOMAS. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p4
William Everett Thomas of Ottawa Hills, Ohio, a 43-year old veteran banker who worked for Morgan Stanley, died May 5, 2003 while attending the American Automobile Association's annual meeting in Denver. He was 64 years old. The Circleville, Ohio, native spent the past four-and-a-half years as a...
- Texas primer: forty-two. Hilton, M. // Texas Monthly;Jul88, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p88
`42,' a game invented in Texas, is a domino game with rules like bridge. Description of game; Inventor William Albert Thomas; World's largest domino manufacturer, Puremco Manufacturing in Waco, Tex.
- Mundus Muliebris the world of women reviled and defended ca. 195 B.C. and 1551 A.D. and other... Carlson, A.J. // Sixteenth Century Journal;Fall93, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p541
Examines the significance of the text `An argument, wherein the apparaile of women is both reproued and defended,' drawn from Livy's Fourth Decade of `Ab Urbe Condita Libri' and translated by William Thomas, in understanding the linkage of Thomas to other Inglese italianato. Thomas' knowledge...
- OBITUARIES. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/7/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7010, p944
Presents an obituary for the British physician William Evan Thomas. Cause of death; Background on career; Surviving relatives.
- Rep. William M. Thomas, R-Calif. // National Journal;6/14/97, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1243
Profiles Representative William M. Thomas of California, Chairman of the Health Subcommittee. Roles and responsibilities; Educational background; Major achievements; Reputation among colleagues.
- Thomas hopes to restart debate. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p17
Features the legislative proposal called Basic Health Care Reform Act of 1995 introduced by US Representative William M. Thomas, chairman of the US House Ways and Means Committee. Focus of the bill on insurance reforms, administrative simplification and malpractice in health care industry.
- One for the History Books. FENNELLY, BETH ANN // Country Living;Sep2011, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p90
The article presents information on remodeling a 1825 Mississippi home owned by Maria Teresa and William Thomas.
- Rumpelstiltskin: Spinning data into gold. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;3/4/96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p15B
Introduces the quality-improvement software, Rumpelstiltskin, a tool that can help decrease patient waiting time in the emergency department. Development by Dr. William Thomas; Comparative analysis of information; Generation of graphs to evaluate performance; Mastery in less than an hour.
- Thomas William McConaghy. // ATA News;2/14/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an obituary for Thomas William McConaghy, founding editor of "ATA News."