Relationships, love and sexuality: what the Filipino teens think and feel
- Condom Use as a Function of time in New and Established Adolescent Sexual Relationships. Fortenberry, J. Dennis; Wanzhu Tu; Harezlak, Jaroslaw; Katz, Barry P.; Orr, Donald P. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb2002, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p211
Objectives. This study sought to describe condom use over time in new and established adolescent relationships. Methods. The outcome variable was time (in days) until first unprotected coital event. Analyses involved comparisons of Kaplan-Meier survival curves and Cox proportional hazards...
- Early condom use: Good for future teen health. // Contraceptive Technology Update;Jul2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p77
Results from a new study suggest that teens who use condoms the first time they have sexual intercourse are more likely to continue using condoms into young adulthood. These adolescents also are less likely than their peers to have contracted a sexually transmitted disease (STD), the findings...
- Choices Answers Teens' Questions About Sex. Flinn, Susan // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);Nov/Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
As executive director of the Minnesota Organization on Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention & Parenting (MOAPP), Nancy Nelson talks to teens every day about sex and sexuality. She's been working with teens for 20 years and takes her job seriously. "Young people need reliable information in order to...
- Birds Do It. Rimensnyder, Sara // Reason;Feb2003, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the results of a study regarding the influence of sex education programs on the sexual activity of teenage girls in the U.S. Information on the effectiveness of broad state mandates in the adoption of safe sex practices; Example of sex-related programs supported by the U.S....
- Ignoring HIV. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1995, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the knowledge of Australian teenagers about sex and sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Findings of the study by the National AIDS Campaign; Review of sexual behavior of young people; Information on sex and STD through the Internet.
- Birth control methods aren't always taught to teens. // Contemporary Sexuality;Nov2010, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses a study from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on sex education for teenagers related to birth control.
- No good news is news. N.C. // American Prospect;Jan/Feb99, Issue 42, p14
Reports on the decline of teenagers who engage in sex in the United States from 1991 to 1997. Teaching adolescent students about sex in health classes; Dual approach of delaying first intercourse among adolescents and increasing condom use among the sexually active.
- Joycelyn Elders is almost right. Firestone, William A. // Education Week;9/8/93, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p42
Discusses effective sex-education programs. Average age for teenagers for first intercourse; High incidence of teenage pregnancy; Correlation between sex-education and promiscuity of teenagers; Increase in use of more effective contraception; Characteristics of an effective sex-education program.
- Adolescents' perceptions of sexuality. Olivier, M.A.J. // South African Journal of Education;Feb96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p5
Examines South African' adolescents' perceptions of sexuality. Educational needs of adolescents as far as sexuality is concerned; How adolescents regard their sexuality.