Perceptions on hypertension among migrants in Delhi, India: a qualitative study
- Welcome help with IPPC. Allison, Richard // Poultry World;Jan2007, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p23
The author comments on the British government's investigation into the over-regulation of the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control fees. He believes on the need of an inspection that covers all the requirements of the farm assurance schemes that would greatly reduce costs in the food...
- Loud Planet. LOOMIS, ILIMA // Spirituality & Health;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p49
The article discusses how the problem of noise pollution which is linked to serious health problems such as hearing loss and disordered sleep, hypertension and heart attack is not regulated like other forms of pollution.
- The Dangers of Foreign Bodies. Hepburn, Sharon Jean // Food, Culture & Society;Jun2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p191
Most tourists to Nepal worry that their food and water is contaminated, understood in biomedical terms. Many Nepalis-historically and in the present-have also been concerned about contamination through food and water, but understood in terms of the logic of caste, and the need to avoid contact...
- How Earplugs Can Help Your Heart. Weinhold, Bob // Environmental Health Perspectives;Mar2002, Vol. 110 Issue 3, pA 151
Focuses on the physiologic effects of noise pollution in Bilthoven, Netherlands. Health aspects of noise exposure; Discussions on hearing loss and impairment; Relation between occupational noise exposure and hypertension.
- Long-term Health Sequelae Following E.coli and Campylobacter Contamination of Municipal Water. Garg, Amit X.; Macnab, Jennifer; Clark, William; Ray, Joel G.; Marshall, John K.; Suri, Rita S.; Devereaux, P. J.; Haynes, Brian // Canadian Journal of Public Health;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p125
Background: Following bacterial contamination of a municipal water system in the rural town of Walkerton, Ontario, over 2,300 cases of acute gastroenteritis were documented. The Walkerton Health Study is currently underway to assess for long-term health sequelae among consenting inhabitants of...
- The Development Of Chinese Herbal Medicine In A Western Setting: A Discussion Paper. McIntyre, Michael // Journal of Chinese Medicine;Jun2013, Issue 102, p58
No abstract available.
- essential oil proile Melissa. Atterby, Deby // Aromatherapy Today;Dec2012, Vol. 55, p2
The article offers the author's insights regarding the therapeutical uses of Melissa officinalis L. Topics discussed include adulteration, main constituents, which include monoterpenoid citronellal, caryophyllene oxide, and linalool, and several aromatherapy uses, which include febrifuge,...
- Application Of Electronic Nose And Ion Mobility Spectrometer To Quality Control Of Spice Mixtures. Banach, U.; Tiebe, C.; Hübert, Th. // AIP Conference Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 1137 Issue 1, p301
The aim of the paper is to demonstrate the application of electronic nose (e-nose) and ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) to quality control and to find out product adulteration of spice mixtures. Therefore the gaseous head space phase of four different spice mixtures (spices for sausages and...
- SILENCE. Pevzner, Holly // Real Simple;Jul2011, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p158
The article focuses on the growing concern over increasing noise pollution. Medical experts states that quietness during nigh is as important to well-being of a person. It is stated that noise contributes to high blood pressure, strokes, and blood circulatory problems. According to a report,...