"Who am I? Where am I?" Experiences of married young women in a slum in Islamabad, Pakistan
- Clinical practice. Verhaeghe, Johan // European Journal of Pediatrics;Jun2012, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p895
In affluent societies, median age at menarche has dropped to below 13 years. Younger age at menarche is associated with earlier sexual activity. To avoid unintended teenage pregnancies, barriers to contraception provision must be kept low, i.e. availability without prescription or through a...
- A CROSS-CULTURAL EXAMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AGES AT MENARCHE, MARRIAGE, AND FIRST BIRTH. Udry, J. Richard; Cliquet, R. L. // Demography;Feb1982, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p53
Recent work with samples of black and white urban American women showed a clear behavioral sequence relating age at menarche to age at first intercourse to age at first birth. This paper shows that the linking of ages at menarche, intercourse, marriage, and first birth is a pattern which occurs...
- ATTITUDES AND EXPERIENCES OF SEXUAL RELATIONS. Lundstrom, Anders // International Journal of Sociology of the Family;Jul78, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p231
The article examines the attitudes towards sex among students of sociology. The sample consists of 250 women and 206 men, median age of the men 20.5 years, of the women 22 years. The majority of respondents accept pre-marital coitus. The level of acceptance, however, is directly related to the...
- The Master Craftsman's Guide to Sex. Strauss, Alix // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p106
Suggests different techniques and positions during a sexual intercourse. How to get the woman to orgasm; Way to get a woman pregnant; How to last through a sexual marathon.
- The best ways to get pregnant. Fox, Marisa // Parenting;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p108
Presents fertility experts' outline of the do's, dont's and don't-bother-with of getting pregnant. Helping sperm meet egg; Figuring out ovulation; Having frequent sex; Sex before ovulation. INSETS: Conception myths.;When to see a doctor..
- Good sex, more babies. Gallia, Katherine // Natural Health;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the finding that enjoyment of sex may improve a woman's chances of getting pregnant. Presence of more sperm in the cervixes of women who reported high levels of arousal during sexual intercourse than in those of women who did not enjoy sex.
- He Shoots, He Scores! Veilleux, Zachary // Men's Health;Jun99, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p94
Offers a step-by-step plan for getting a wife pregnant. Men's primary duty before trying to conceive; Factors to consider when it comes to conceiving a kid; Sex factors which can make a difference in conception.
- Sexual activity during pregnancy: a questionnaire-based study. Moodley, Jagidesa; Khedun, Shaun M. // Southern African Journal of Epidemiology & Infection;2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p33
The objective of the study was to determine changes in frequency of sexual activity during pregnancy. A prospective study was conducted using a structured questionnaire to interview 611 healthy pregnant women at a regional hospital in KwaZulu-Natal. Data were analysed using descriptive...
- letters. // Midwifery Matters;Autumn2002, Issue 94, p21
Presents letters to the editor of the periodical 'Midwifery Matters.' Sexual intercourse during pregnancy and breastfeeding; Aquanatal during pregnancy.