Concentration of the genera Aspergillus, Eurotium and Penicillium in 63-Âµm house dust fraction as a method to predict hidden moisture damage in homes
- Moisture transport over the Arabian Sea associated with summer rainfall over Pakistan in 1994 and 2002. Ullah, Kalim; Gao, Shouting // Advances in Atmospheric Sciences;May2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p501
In this study, we aimed to elucidate the critical role of moisture transport affecting monsoon activity in two contrasting summers over the Arabian Sea during the years 1994, a relatively wet year, and 2002, a relatively dry year. A comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and comparisons of the...
- Tropical Rainfall and Boundary Layer Moist Entropy. Folkins, Ian; Braun, Christopher // Journal of Climate;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p1807
In the Tropics, the variation of rainfall with sea surface temperature (SST) is highly nonlinear. Rainfall shows no dependence on SST for SST increases from 19Â° to 26Â°C, abruptly increases by a factor of 5 as SSTs increase from 26Â° to 29Â°C, and then rapidly declines. It is argued...
- Rains improve soil moisture levels. // High Plains Journal;6/16/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p2B
The article discusses a report by the National Agricultural Statistics Service of the Kansas Field Office, which indicated that the rain totals of an inch or more were common and improved soil moisture for the week ending June 8, 2014.
- Multivariate geostatistical application for climate characterization of Minas Gerais State, Brazil. de Carvalho, Luiz G.; de Carvalho Alves, Marcelo; de Oliveira, Marcelo S.; Vianello, Rubens L.; Sediyama, Gilberto C.; de Carvalho, Luis M. T. // Theoretical & Applied Climatology;Nov2010, Vol. 102 Issue 3/4, p417
The objective of the present study was to assess for Minas Gerais the cokriging methodology, in order to characterize the spatial variability of Thornthwaite annual moisture index, annual rainfall, and average annual air temperature, based on geographical coordinates, altitude, latitude, and...
- Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;3/1/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
The author reflects on the significance of the frequent rainfall in Texas since it restores the moisture in farms that was lost during the hot summer in 2011.
- Rainfall improves topsoil conditions. // High Plains Journal;9/26/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 39, p3-B
The article presents information on the improvement of the topsoil moisture conditions due to rainfall in some areas of Kansas and also states that the temperatures were below normal for the second week of September 2011.
- Mycotoxin levels and incidence of mould in Turkish rice. Aydin, Ali; Aksu, Harun; Gunsen, Ugur // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Jul2011, Vol. 178 Issue 1-4, p271
One hundred unpackaged rice samples, each weighing 500 g, were randomly collected at retail stores and open markets in the largest rice growing area (Thrace) in Turkey and analysed for mould counts, predominant mould genera, moisture content and mycotoxin levels. Mould counts ranged from 1.0...
- Intraseasonal Variability of Moisture and Rainfall over the South American Altiplano. Garreaud, René D. // Monthly Weather Review;Sep2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p3337
Precipitation over the South American Altiplano (about 4000 m above sea level) is mostly concentrated during the austral summer (Decemberâ€“Januaryâ€“February) when mean easterly flow in the middle and upper troposphere favors the moisture transport from the interior of the continent...
- Rainfall Morphology in Florida Convergence Zones: A Numerical Study. Shepherd, J. Marshall; Ferrier, Brad S.; Ray, Peter S. // Monthly Weather Review;Feb2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p177
Presents a study on how low-level convergence and midtropospheric moisture produce a rainfall system in the Florida convergence zone environment. Hypothesized factors affecting the convection of rainfall production in Florida; Methodology; Results and conclusion.