Three Ways to Sell Video to the Government
- Are You Selling IP Correctly? Steele, Jeffrey // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2009, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p72
The article offers tips in effectively selling Internet protocol (IP) cameras in the U.S. An individual cannot just sell the product right away, but he/she must be equipped with the tactics and knowledge in doing so. It is suggested that dealers and integrators must have a better understanding...
- PSA Announces IP Camera Partnership. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p134
The article reports on the partnership between PSA Security Network Inc. and Canon USA Inc. for marketing Canon's internet protocol (IP) security cameras.
- Five Realities of Retail Video Surveillance. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2009 Supplement, p14
The article offers information on the five realities of video surveillance. Mike Capulli of Samsung Group and GVI Security Solutions Inc. enumerates the benefits of video surveillance to the retailers, including providing the need for images retail/loss prevention managers, which offers lower...
- Procurement pledge rejected. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;5/22/2012, Issue 708, p6
The article reports on the decision of the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) to reject a new central government procurement pledge that was published by the British Cabinet Office in April 2012.
- BID PROTESTS: THE COSTS ARE REAL, BUT THE BENEFITS OUTWEIGH THEM. Gordon, Daniel I. // Public Contract Law Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p489
The article discusses the benefits and costs of bid protests, which are legal challenges brought by bidders against the way of procurements carried out by the government. It states that bid protests have existed since the 1920s in the federal procurement system of the U.S. It further highlights...
- So You Think You Know the FAR? Lumer, Mark; Currier, Michelle // Contract Management;Jul2010, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p60
A quiz concerning the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and federal procurements is presented.
- Federal government won't buy flood-prone homes. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p55
The article reports that the federal government has decided not to buy flood-prone homes in Merrimack, New Hampshire. In December 2007, 10 homeowners and the town have applied for a buyout program under which the government purchases hard-to-sell properties. Richard Verville of the state's...
- Government procurement notices now on-line. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/27/97, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p6
Announces the availability of US government procurement notices through CBDNet. Specification on the information covered by the CBDNet; Benefits offered by CBDNet; How to get access to the CBDNet.
- The Real Green Giant. JACOBS, JOSH // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2013, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p23
The article discusses initiatives taken by the federal government of the U.S. to promote the environmental and sustainability movement. Topics discussed include the development of meaningful third-party certification programs such as ENERGY STAR, WaterSense and BioPreferred, encouragement to...