Contactless Card Technology Solves a Security Design Issue
- Designing Safe Facilities. MCLESTER, SUSAN // District Administration;Sep2011, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p71
The article discusses school building design in the U.S. and examines how incidents of school shootings have prompted architects, builders, and educational planners to incorporate safety measures as the first priority in design. Particular focus is paid to the theory of crime prevention through...
- Safe and sound. Felder, Lanny I. // American School & University;Apr97, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p32
Describes a comprehensive security program for schools. Access control; Surveillance methods for crime-prone areas; Personnel awareness; Use of visitor passes. INSET: Securing a team..
- Securing a plan. Phelps, E. Floyd // American School & University;Dec97, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p50a
Details how to establish an effective security program in school buildings. Two areas to look at when conducting a risk assessment; Access control; Security problems associated with satellite campuses; Implementation of the security plan. INSET: Residence-hall protection..
- SECURITY ON A BUDGET. Schmidt, Wayne S. // American School & University;Jun2000, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p30
Deals with school security. Facility design elements that can improve security; Developments in technology that can help improve school security; Factors to consider when assessing security plan.
- Define Threats, match to Solutions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p63
Focuses on the benefits of the use of security technologies in addressing school security problems in the United States. Need for the proper application of security technologies; Need for the definition of schools' risks; Reduction of security costs through the application of technology. ...
- Top 10 Tips for a Safer School. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p63
Presents tips on how to develop security systems for schools in the United States. Conducting of a security needs assessment; Cooperation with local law enforcement and community members; Integration of security systems.
- Surveillance Eases SAfety Issues. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p86
Reports on Colorado-based Durango High School's installation of a digital video surveillance and recording system from Laronix. System's enhancement of the school's security; Addressing of the issues of theft, vandalism and student harassment; Preventive aspects of the system. INSET: On the...
- CCTV pro-active at Illinois high schools. Perlik, Allison // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p182
Reports on Midco Inc.'s installation of closed circuit television (CCTV) security cameras at Proviso East and Proviso West high schools in Chicago, Illinois. Cameras installed by Midco; Factors considered in choosing systems to be installed; Options for the school.
- DESIGNING SAFE SCHOOLS. Prager, Gary C. // American School & University;Jul2001, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p40
Deals with school design that can eliminate security risks. Issues related to school safety; Security systems which could help dissuade crime in school facilities; Way by which the school design team can design a school facility that can eliminate security risks.