Historic Civic Center Moves into a High-Tech Future
- Pankow Foundation launches high-strength steel reinforcing bar research program. // PCI Journal;Jan/Feb2015, p43
The article focuses on the launch of the research project Roadmap under the title the American Concrete Institute (ATC) 115 project for the Use of High-Strength Reinforcement in Reinforced Concrete Design by service provider for construction industry the Charles Pankow Foundation.
- Built to suit. Leiter-Weintraub, Sharon // Concrete Products;Apr99, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p32N
Discusses the construction of the headquarters facility of the Metropolitan Water District in Los Angeles, California. Charles Pankow Builders Ltd.'s partnership with several companies with a design-build contract; Cost and time-saving elements integrated into the project; Use of precast...
- Pankow Foundation, ACI Foundation collaborate on research network. // PCI Journal;Jan/Feb2015, p45
The article offers information on the renewal of formal Memorandum of Agreement with the American Concrete Institute (ACI) Foundation, by services provider to construction industry Charles Pankow Foundation to support Concrete Research Network and advancing in the concrete industry.
- Basalite, Central Concrete, Pankow team on Living Building Challenge milestone. // Concrete Products;Jul2013, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p16
The article evaluates the architectural design of the Jess S. Jackson Sustainable Winery Building (JSWB) of the University of California in Davis, California, that was designed by Charles Pankow Builders Ltd.
- Theater project needs a rewrite. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;02/17/97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
Reports on problems being experienced by Cityfront Center, being fourteen months behind a schedule and $14 million short of fund-raising goals, in efforts to construct a performing arts center. Increase in construction costs; Comments from General Manager Joyce A. Moffatt.
- City square assent sparks design bids FIRM STEERS LEICESTERSHIRE CENTRE UPGRADE. Boddy, Robert // Planning (14672073);5/28/2010, Issue 1870, p4
The article reports on the international competition for leading designers to find a design for the civic space Union Terrace Gardens after the decision by the city council to approve an offer worth 50 million pounds from Sir Ian Wood, chairman of the Wood Group, an energy services provider in...
- Civic Center Vs. Sewer Debated By Brooklyn. // Ebony;May1952, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p38
The article reports on the construction of a civic center at the all-African American town of Brooklyn in Illinois which is opposed by some of the residents in the place because they believe that the local government should prioritize the construction of a sewer system than the center.
- Let's take our seat at the county's table. // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/28/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 50, p4A
The article comments on the northsiders of Texas, who are to blamed for not paying closer attention to country's political and economic matters like a new site selection for the Hays County Civic Center's construction and development, which should have been raised in a campaign by the northsiders.
- Breaking New Ground. // Business NH Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p71
Reports that Manchester, New Hampshire, leaders have broken ground for the proposed Manchester Civic Center. Highlights of the ceremony.