- Honeycomb Projects: An Architectural Crime Problem. // Quintessence International;Dec1980, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the failure of the various security devices which were equipped in a certain building at honeycomb projects in Los Angeles, California in preventing crime in the vicinity of the said building. It notes that said devices generally do nothing but hamper police access into...
- Border Video Spreads to City Streets. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2009 Supplement, p21
The article reports on the increasing use of video surveillance systems using wireless mesh communications in U.S. cities and towns. Reportedly, a video surveillance system is installed at a public housing project by the Rockford Housing Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Moreover , video...
- Picturing the Cost of Megapixels. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2012, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p32
The article offers tips for business organization on how to choose high-definition cameras for their security systems. It suggests the need for security leaders to consider pixel count to determine the correct camera for a certain application. It also provides insights from several security...
- WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO? Marshall, Anne // Louisville Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses the significance of installation of the 82 security cameras to decline reports of crime at the Waterfront Park in Louisville, Kentucky as of December 2014.
- LOCAL NEWS. // Arab American News;9/26/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1546, p10
The article reports on the end of the business partnership between IVF Michigan Fertility Center, Rochester Hills, and Flint locations, while Detroit, Michigan has installed surveillance systems at gas stations to reduce crime rate.
- Support Role for Winning VMS: It's the Camera. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on several security cameras used at the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis, South Dakota to capture the real-life antics of the different events held at the area.
- Testing Technology for Rugged Surveillance Success. Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2015, p44
The article focuses on the aspects of the outdoor video surveillance systems. Topics include several works related to the application of the system which include Polk County, Florida Sheriff's Department on fuel shed theft case, the security specialist Coby Hayes on Sunflower Project featuring...
- The Legitimization of Cctv as a Policy Tool. Germain, Séverine; Douillet, Anne-Cécile; Dumoulin, Laurence // British Journal of Criminology;Mar2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p294
This article deals with the widespread use of open-street close-circuit television (CCTV) systems as a safety policy tool in French cities. To investigate this diffusion, we suggest tackling CCTV as a socio-technical device able to enrol allies beyond the initial circle of technology promoters,...
- advice centre. // Convenience Store;2/4/2011, p17
The article presents some of Jac's advice. It points out that CCTV installation increases business rates, the fairness of which is being considered by the British government since it actually help control crime. It indicates that a TV license is not needed for a business premises if the TV is...