Body shape distortion: promoting postural care at night
- BEDSIDE MANNERS. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2004, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the personality traits implied by various sleeping positions. Fetal; Log; Yearner; Soldier; Freefall; Starfish.
- What Does Your Sleep Position Say About You? // Girlworks: The Magazine for Smart Girls;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p25
The article discusses the correlation between sleeping position and daytime or awake personality. These sleeping positions include the fetal position, the log position, the yearner, the soldier, starfish and freefall. The personalities discussed are shy and sensitive people, friendly and...
- Moderate hypoxia does not affect the zone of thermal comfort in humans. Golja, P.; Kacin, A.; Tipton, M.J.; Mekjavic, I.B. // European Journal of Applied Physiology;Feb2005, Vol. 93 Issue 5/6, p708
The zone of thermal comfort was determined during normoxia and hypoxia in 15 healthy normothermic young subjects. Subjects dressed only in shorts/shorts and bikini top donned a water-perfused suit and assumed a supine position on a bench. The ambient temperature was maintained at a mean (SD) of...
- Get a better night's sleep-tonight! Rabbitt, Meghan // Parenting;Oct2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p59
This article presents tips on sleeping better for mothers. To breath easily when one fall asleep on her belly, one have to twist her head to the right or left, which can strain the neck. One should start off the night lying on her side with a pillow between her knees. When one sleeps on her...
- TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP. Thompson, Sharon // National Geographic Kids;Mar2004, Issue 338, p10
Interprets various sleeping positions. Fetus; Log; Yearner; Soldier.
- Do You, Too, Sleep On Your Stomach? Armour, Richard // Saturday Evening Post;Jun/Jul1974, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p82
Presents a story about people who sleep on their stomachs.
- Physician Recommendations Regarding SIDS Risk Reduction: A National Survey of Pediatricians and Family Physicians. Moon, Rachel Y.; Kington, Marit; Oden, Rosalind; Iglesias, Joana; Hauck, Fern R. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov2007, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p791
Background: Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is a leading cause of death among infants. Recently, new SIDS risk factors have emerged. Objective: To determine knowledge and recommendations of pediatricians and family physicians regarding SIDS-relevant practices. Methods: Cross-sectional survey...
- Get kids moving for sleep's sake. // Prevention India;Jan2010, p16
The article focuses on the importance of taking sound sleep for the health of children. According to recent medical researches, good sleep in children are important for their overall health. A Monash University study involving 500 children says that for every hour of inactivity, kids take three...
- Learn the Answer in Your Sleep. Gilbert, Laura // Cosmopolitan;Oct99, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p310
Analyzes the different sleep positions. How to figure out a couple's compatibility through sleep positions; Full-fetal position; Semi-fetal position; Royal position.