TITLE

Bertelsmann, KKR Launch Music Rights JV

AUTHOR(S)
Holman, Kelly
PUB. DATE
July 2009
SOURCE
Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/13/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p13
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article reports on the launch of a joint venture by Bertelsmann AG and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) to capitalize on the music rights management business in 2009. KKR will own 51 percent of BMG Rights Management. Bertelsmann will hold the remaining 49 percent. Thomas Rabe, chief financial officer of Bertelsmann, expects the partnership to contribute to accelerating the development of the business.
ACCESSION #
44148108

 

Related Articles

  • KKR Forms 50:49 JV with Bertelsmann.  // EmergingMarketsNOW;7/9/2009, p2 

    The article reports on the 50:49 joint venture (JV) between Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) and Bertelsmann in music rights management. It notes that the JV covers the Bertelsmann Music Group (BMG) Rights Management unit of Bertelsmann. It points out that BMG will use the funding to invest...

  • In Hindsight.  // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/10/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p2 

    The article offers updates on the business enterprises in the U.S. Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) reported an increase in the default rates and a negative nearterm of the outlook of the economy as the reasons for the possible slowdown in recovery. Sterling Partners Capital LLC has directed a...

  • Music Industry Shrinks With KKR's Exit from JV. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p10 

    The article reports on the exit of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP (KKR) in Bertelsmann Music Group (BMG) Rights Management GmbH, which is its joint venture with Bertelsmann AG. It states that the exit of KKR can mean the decline of the music industry, wherein majority of the industry is in the...

  • BMG IS BACK. Spahr, Wolfgang // Billboard;8/15/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 32, p17 

    The article discusses Bertelsmann, a German media group. Bertelsmann sold its recorded-music business to Sony Music in October 2008 and its BMG Music Publishing to Universal Music Group in 2006, however, it launched BMG Rights Management and will be expanding its publishing roster. BMG will be...

  • Bertelsmann shuffle.  // Daily Variety;10/11/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 7, p10 

    The article announces that Thomas Rabe was appointed as chief executive officer (CEO) and chairman of Bertelsmann AG which will take effect on January 2012.

  • A Starring Role For IP? Holman, Kelly // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/17/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p2 

    The article discusses investments opportunities in intellectual property (IP). Private-equity sponsors have found a source of financing opportunity in IP in the securitization market. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts acquired Crosstown songs America's song catalog through a joint venture with German...

  • BMG CUES RIGHTS ORG. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;7/9/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 4, p10 

    The article reports on the collaboration of German media giant Bertelsmann AG and private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR) to form a global music rights management business. Bertelsmann will incorporate its BMG Rights Management into the new group and will hold a 49% stake and the...

  • ISyndicate content with Bertelsmann.  // Daily Variety;09/26/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 17, p14 

    Focuses on Bertelsmann and iSyndicate's creation of the equal joint venture, iSyndicate Europe, to distribute media content continentwide.

  • Lycos, Bertelsman in joint venture. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/19/97, Vol. 127 Issue 21, p55 

    Reports on the deal between the Lycos search engine company and Bertelsman AG to distribute navigation centers in European countries. Bertelsman Internet Services' financing of $10 million in start-up capital for the joint venture to be called Lycos-Bertelsman.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics