Practitioner Earnings Relate to Learning
- American College/Zahn Offering Live CFP Review Class. // Insurance Advocate;12/22/04, Vol. 114 Issue 47, p21
Announces on the Certification Examination Review Class offered by American College for the Certified Financial Planner examination in Pennsylvania. Topics to be discussed; Duration; Cost; Reviewers.
- 49% Of CFP Examinees Flunked Test. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p32
Reports the results of the November 2000 Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination in the United States. Drop of the pass rate from the average pass rate recorded by the CFP Board since 1991; Potential reason for the drop; Information on the test topic guidelines of the CFP Board.
- Worth's Scorecard. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the percentage of financial advisers, included in the Worth's annual list, who have Certified Financial Planner certification.
- CFP Certification Is Booming. Marer, Eva // Financial Planning;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the increase in the number of people who took the Certified Financial Planner Certification (CFP) Exam in 1999 according to CFP Board of Standards in Denver, Colorado. Reasons for the increase; Previous concerns about the marginalization of CFP designation; Passing rate.
- Gaining Recognition. Kulikowski, Laurie // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on the exemption of investment advisers from the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination registration rules in New York. Benefits of the exemption for investment advisers; Other states that exempt CFP licenses; Confusion experienced by soon-to-be CFP regarding the...
- South Trust's New Year's Resolution: All Advisers Need CFPs in 2003. Morris, Gregory // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the initiative taken by Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Bank to lay down requirement for the bank's Series 7 bank representatives to become certified financial planners (CFP) by the end of 2003. Assistance provided by the bank to its employees to become CFP; Expectations of the...
- The CFP[sup TM] Certification Examination process: a discussion of the modified Angoff scoring method. Ashby, J. David // Financial Services Review;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1-4, p187
Focuses on the modified Angoff scoring method of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Examination in the U.S. Problems with the scoring method; Subject areas in the CFP examination; Goals of the CFP exams.
- FPA announces record CFP enrolments. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;8/2/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the enrolment for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) program in 2012, which increased by 65 percent from 2011.
- CFP exam misconduct. Rich, Sarah // Money Management;6/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the investigation by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of alleged breach of rules at a certification examination conducted by the CFP in Australia on May 18, 2006. The FPA considers the situation to be extremely serious and has expressed concern that the...