- Financial advisers try new ways of charging. Laurence, Michael; Schmidt, Lucinda // BRW;1/30/95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on new methods of remuneration for financial advisers in Australia. Popularity of portfolio charges and fee-for-service payment systems; Advantages and disadvantages of payment schemes; Alternatives to commission-based payment; Result of the survey conducted by the Financial Planning...
- Money Management. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;3/12/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the failure Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia for 2009. It cites that the terms of reference for a Parliamentary inquiry will traverse the entire issue of planner remuneration, which reopen the debates in the industry. It argues that no one's interests will...
- Remuneration is not the problem. Graham, Sean // Money Management;4/29/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p12
The author reflects on the financial planners' decision on selling costly insurance as motivated by commissions. He argues that the commission causes overselling and remuneration are not indicator of professional practice. An overview of the current situation of the insurance industry through a...
- Financial Planners' Salaries Are Rising. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
The article looks at financial planners' salaries, benefits, and job satisfaction, presenting information from the "2012-2013 Financial Planning Compensation Study" published by the Financial Planning Association professional group.
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Financial Planners Against Restraint of Trade. Brock, Henry S. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p192
Criticizes the support of the Financial Planning Association to make the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) an official designation for financial planners. Motives of the financial industry in demanding for regulation; Problems with the CFP education.
- Thank you for being a part of the Heart of Financial Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2008 Solutions, p29
The article presents a list of individuals who have been members of the Financial Planning Association for 35 years, including Gerald S. Adelman, James P. Ambrose Jr., and Carlyle D. Apple.