LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY
- In The Doldrums. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
The article forecasts the economy of Puerto Rico in 2005. The factors that contributed to the modest economic growth in 2005 are cited. The measures undertaken by the government to finance the budget deficit are mentioned. The credit rating received by the country from Standard & Poor's and...
- Poland: An Improving Outlook...And Assets Still Looking
Good. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p13
Presents information on economic forecasts on Poland in 2004. Improvement in the country's credit ratings; Deficit of the country; Decline in real gross domestic product; Political condition in the country; Forecast on the Polish currency.
- Turkey: Convergence -- Ahead Of The Game. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/23/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p20
The article forecasts the economic and political conditions of Turkey for 2006. The country is on the way to achieving the conditions set by the European Union for membership. The country managed to limit its budget deficit to 3 percent of the gross domestic product in 20005. It presents several...
- Economist fears downgrading of UK credit rating. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p7
The article reports on the risks of receiving a downgraded credit rating due to the inability of the government to manage the public deficit in Great Britain.
- Staggering Indiana Steel Town Hit With Downgrade to Junk Bond Status. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p4
Focuses on the downgrading of the issuer credit rating of East Chicago by Standard and Poor in Indiana. Influence of LTV Corp. and Ispat Inland Inc. on the economic condition of the city; Impact of LTV bankruptcy filings on city finances; Details on the general fund deficit of the city at the...
- Deficit Continues to Hound Tennessee as S&P Puts Debt on CreditWatch. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p6
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers may be risking the state's triple-A credit rating by failing to come up with a permanent fix to its budget deficit. Failure to place the bonds on CreditWatch; State's use of Band-Aid methods to balance its budget.
- Raters confident D.C. will avoid fiscal 2000 deficit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p4
Focuses on favorable credit ratings for Washington, D.C. in the year 2000 brought by its capacity to avoid a fiscal budget deficit. Details of projected financial health of the city; Departmental shortfalls which are possible causes of a fiscal deficit.
- RESEARCH DIGEST. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32305, p7
This article presents information about new developments related to the field of public finance in the U.S. According to a UBS Financial Services report, the rapid growth of pension and other post-employment benefit costs are likely to reduce any positive effects municipalities would have got on...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p33
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Prediction of the 2003 budget deficit; Disapproval of the travel policy of the government executives; Decline of the general obligation bond rating.