LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
The article offers news briefs related to political and economic risks and the business updates in Latvia including the response by the Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis regarding the economic crisis in Greek, the financial accounts status as reports by the Bank of Latvia, and the...
- Crisis Control: Driving With Bruno. Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;3/23/2009, p2
The article discusses how the new government in Latvia will rescue the country from the financial crisis. It is stated that Latvia has its 15th government since its independence in 1991; and the budget cuts the government plans to make will not be liked by its citizens. The new Latvian prime...
- Crisis Governance: Three Unhappy Men in a Box (Without Dog). Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;7/13/2009, p4
The article presents the author's perspective on the attendance of the prime ministers of Latvia, Hungary and the Czech Republic on the 20th anniversary of the Iron Curtain in Budapest, Hungary. The author states that Prime Ministers Valdis Dombrovskis, Gordon Bajnai and Jan Fischer behaved as...
- Kaip Latvija iveike finansu krize. Dvorak, Jaroslav // Viesoji Politika ir Administravimas;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p362
No abstract available.
- Latvia: CDS Poised To Compress. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/28/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p15
The article provides an outlook for the Latvian 5-year credit default swap (CDS) spread in 2009. It cites the risks posed by public sector wage cuts on both political and financial stability. It also mentions the economic implications of the growing rift between Prime Minister Valdis...
- Political/Financial Stability Risks Remain Elevated. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p12
The article discusses the implications of the parliament's rejection of a proposed property tax hike on the relations of political parties in Latvia. It mentions that the proposal, which was supported by Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis's New Era party, was defeated by the People's Party, which...
- How Latvia Came through the Financial Crisis. Hansen, Morten // Baltic Journal of Economics;Autumn2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p131
The article reviews the book "How Latvia Came through the Financial Crisis" by Anders Ã…slund and Valdis Dombrovskis.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
The article offers information on various issues related to the risk summary in Latvia including the indication of Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis on establishing a coalition administration with four ruling parties, the claims of Ilmars Rimsevics, Bank Latvia governor that incoming government...
- OC Ballplayers on Screen with Pitt; State Ranked 'Worst'. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;8/15/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p3
The article offers the author's report on the upcoming movie "Moneyball," starring Brad Pitt and Orange County baseball players, the rank of California as the worst state for business among chief executive officers (CEOs) and the visit of Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis in the state.