Business Cycle To Pass The Trough In H209
- Techno rhythms. Stammer, Don // BRW;2/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p26
Comments on cycles in the economy and in individual industries, particularly in the computer technology. Chart showing global orders for computer chips; Asia as home of the computer production industry; Expected growth rates beyond 2004.
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK: Cambodia. Menon, Jayant // Regional Outlook;2010/2011 Southeast, p101
The article presents the economic outlook for Cambodia for 2010-2011. It notes that the global financial crisis in 2009 had resulted into negative growth and it represents as the country's worst economic performance in modern history. It forecasts that growth will rebound from 3 to 4 per cent in...
- SOUTH AFRICA. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Aug2006, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
The article forecasts the economic development of South Africa. In the advent of Rand's depreciation in June 2006, it is expected that a significant growth in export will be achieved that could somehow exceed imports. It is positively expected that the country's economy will grow by 4.99 percent...
- FEEDING THE LIONS. // PM Network;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p20
The article presents the forecasts by "The Economist" and the International Monetary Fund as of May 2013 that seven of the 10 fastest-expanding economies through 2015 will be seen in Africa. It cites the use by economists of the term "African lion" to describe countries posting growth of over 6%...
- Value and Exchange. Shortall, Robert E. // America;9/19/1931, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p567
The article discusses considerations on the economic mechanisms, value and standards of the medium of exchange and business cycles. An overview of the economic conditions the U.S. is given, along with key information on wealth of the country, resources and dollar value. In economic matters, the...
- The Lion Tamers on '75. // Time;1/13/1975, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p65
The article reports on the projection of various analysts concerning the condition of the stock prices in the U.S. in 1975. It states that they based their outlook on various technical economic theories including the three-step rule and the four-year cycle. It notes that the former theory refers...
- Mozambique on the move. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;10/25/2004, p58
Focuses on the economic conditions of Mozambique. Business opportunities; Poverty ratio of the country; Efforts of the government to develop its economy.
- What We're In For: Projected Economic Impact of the Next Recession. Schmitt, John; Baker, Dean // Challenge (05775132);May/Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p27
How bad could recession get? These two economists use the last three recessions to come up with the range of possibilities. Here is what could happen.
- The Director's Cut. Le Pla, Ruth // New Zealand Management;Mar2006, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p70
The article suggests ways of how company directors can handle the predicted economic slowdown for the year 2006. It notes that directors must be sufficiently knowledgeable about the economy to be able to interpret it for their business. It stresses that directors must help managers see the...