SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Fico: KDH acting like Taliban. // Slovak Spectator;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p2
Reports on the move of the Slovak non-parliamentary Smer party chairman Robert Fico to compare the coalition Christian Democratic Party with the Taliban government of Afghanistan. Reason for the comparison; Plan of the Smer party following the 2002 elections.
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2008, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the risk status in political, economic and business sectors in Slovakia. A poll by the Institute for Public Opinion Research revealed that Prime Minister Robert Fico's Smer Party maintains a high level of public support. The country's economic growth remained strong in the...
- Fico engages opposition parties. BALOGOVÁ, BEATA // Prague Post;3/21/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 12, pA12
The article reports that Robert Fico and his Smer party are preparing to govern Slovakia's first post-communist single-party government.
- News Briefs. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p2
Presents news briefs in Slovakia as of June 2000. Details of the agreement on cooperation between the Party of Civic Understanding and the Social-Democratic Party of Slovakia; Update on the rising respect for human rights in the region; Proposal of Smer party leader Robert Fico to cut social...
- Austerity must not hurt growth in Slovakia, PM says. // Regional Today;02/06/2013, p4
The article reports on the argument of Slovakia's Prime Minister Robert Fico that austerity measures must not undermine economic growth within the debt-burdened European Union.
- Smer Likely To Rethink Coalition. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p8
The article reports the implication of Prime Minister Robert Fico's Direction Social Democracy (Smer) party to the parliamentary election on June 12, 2010. It focuses on the popularity declination of the Smer party in the polls. It depicts the popularity coalition between Smer Party and the...
- SLOVAK REPUBLIC: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2006, p25
The article profiles the key players of Slovakia's politics and government as of November 2005. Prime Minister Mikulï¿½ Dzurinda aims to attract private foreign investment. Rï¿½bert Fico is the leader of the center-left Smer-Social Democracy, which is expected to be the front-runner in the...
- Slovakia Turns Left, Russia Boots Legal Aid Group. Frye, Barbara; Caloianu, Ioana // Transitions Online;3/12/2012, p5
The article offers several news briefs as of 12 March, 2012. Voters of Slovakia have turned the parliament by giving winning votes to Smer-Social Democracy Party which is led by former Prime Minister Robert Fico. The right of a legal advocacy group that helps Chechen human rights claimants has...
- Slovaks vote for president in this weekend. // Regional Today;3/14/2014, p5
The article informs that Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico is favored to win a presidential election that will start on February 15, 2014, sparking concern that his leftist Social Democrats would control the presidency, parliament and government.