Health Care Utilization and Cost Burden of Herpes Zoster in a Community Population
- Presentations of herpes. Jordan, Andy // Pulse;8/11/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 32, p37
Describes the characteristics of herpes zoster. Details on the unilateral nature of lesions; Diagnosis of herpes zoster affecting the mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve; Efficacy of drugs in treating the disease.
- Preparation H for shingles. M.O.R. // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p109
Provides information on the treatment for lumbar herpes zoster. Efficacy of topical Preparation H, a hemorrhoid medicine; Antiviral medications for elderly patients.
- NEW TREATMENT FOR SHINGLES NOW AVAILABLE. Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Oct94, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p95
Reports that Famciclovir (Famvir) has been approved to treat acute herpes zoster or shingles. Dosage; Adverse reactions.
- Valacyclovir (val-a-CY-clo-veer). // Drug Topics;9/18/95, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p43
Profiles valacyclovir, a drug used in the treatment of shingles or herpes zoster. Medical indications; Valtrex as brand name; How to take and store the medicine; Drugs and foods to avoid; Warnings; Side effects. INSET: When you should not take this medicine..
- In This Issue. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Dec2010, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p727
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles published within the issue including one by Elizabeth Migoya and colleagues on the use DPP-4 inhibitors and metformin to boast active GLP-1 concentrations, one by Janet Woodcock on the kinds of evidence required...
- Correction: Changes in Drug Utilization during a Gap in Insurance Coverage: An Examination of the Medicare Part D Coverage Gap. // PLoS Medicine;Aug2014, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1
A correction to the article "Changes in Drug Utilization during a Gap in Insurance Coverage: An Examination of the Medicare Part D Coverage Gap," in a 2014 issue is presented.
- Japan bans shingles drug after deaths. Gordon, Hugo // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/10/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6955, p627
Reports the shut down of Nippon Shoji, a pharmaceutical company in Japan, due to death of patients from taking drug for shingles. Fatalities due to drug intake; Actions taken by the government in Tokyo; Issues on drug approval system in Japan.
- Herpes zoster vaccination rates and incidence of shingles. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Mar2011 Pharmacology, p2
The article reports on the effectiveness of herpes zoster vaccination in reducing the rate of shingles.
- Varicella zoster virus vaccine live. // Reactions Weekly;4/21/2012, Issue 1398, p41
The article describes the case of a 6-year-old boy who developed herpes zoster following administration of a single dose of varicella zoster virus vaccine.