Feds may provide isotope funding
- Rookie appointed federal health minister. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/2/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 12, p1258
The article announces that Leona Aglukkaq was appointed federal Minister of Health.
- Protecting and Promoting Canada's Interests and Values Around the World. // African Business News;5/13/2013, p39
The article reports on the journey of federal government ministers to different countries, to showcase the principled foreign policy of Canada. It mentions that John Baird, the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Canada will travel to Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania on May 13-16, 2013 to promote Canadian...
- Lower your medical costs. // Homeopathy Today;Winter2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on alternative treatments to lower the medical costs of patients such as the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and the use of less conventional medicine.
- Vaccine meeting spooks Tory cabinet ministers. Smith, Dale // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);5/13/2010, Issue 219, p9
The article discusses the absence of Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq, Industry Minister Tony Clement and Public Safety Minister Vic Toews during a Commons Health Committee meeting, which is part of an investigation into the closing of a Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative (CHVI) facility by the...
- Children's mental health. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/12/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 10, pE655
The article reports on the announcement from Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq that the government would provide 23 million dollars for mental health promotion at remote and rural communities in QuÃ©bec.
- An abridged interview with Leona Aglukkaq, MP for Nunavut, Minister Responsible for the North and CanNor and the country's first Inuit cabinet member. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Nov2012, Vol. 213 Issue 11, p108
An interview with Leona Aglukkaq, Nunavut Member of the Parliament, is presented with details on his perspective on the CanNor, the government's role in improve training in the three Northern territories, and the infrastructure the responsibility of the federal government.
- Building a better trap. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;Fall2015, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on an investment announced by Canadian Minister of the Environment Leona Aglukkaq in the Fur Institute of Canada to continue research, testing and development of humane trapping systems on July 31, 2015.
- Patients resort to self-help. // Crain's New York Business;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p22
Highlights a study on the growth of expenditures on alternative medicine between 1990 and 1997. Consumers' willingness to pay for alternative treatment despite the lack of reimbursement from insurers; Data from a study published in the `Journal of the American Medical Association.'
- Health Care Affordability and Complementary and Alternative Medicine Utilization by Adults with Diabetes. Pagán, José A.; Tanguma, Jesús // Diabetes Care;Aug2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p2030
The article focuses on the findings of a study that aims to analyze the relation between the affordability of conventional health care and the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) by adults with diabetes. It cites the reasons behind the rising popularity of CAM. The study found...