Physicians, CIHR call for more H1N1 research funds
- Education. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p10
Presents educational activities of interest to medical personnel in the United States, compiled as of August 2004. Johns Hopkins Department's 22nd annual Lab Institute; COLA's release of an updated version of its online CLIA '88 requirements course for physicians, laboratory scientists and...
- Leaders of the Pack. Weber, David Ollier // Physician Executive;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p6
The article presents information about some of the top group medical practices in the U.S. The first one is the Mayo Clinic, run by Doctor brothers Will Mayo and Charlie Mayo and MD Henry Plummer, which provides facilities including medical laboratories, and workshops. Another is the Cleveland...
- THE STRATEGIC VALUE OF LABORATORY OUTREACH. Saunders, Robert R.; Westerink, Arjen // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2014, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p138
The article discusses the strategic value of utilizing outreach laboratory services for hospitals, physicians and their partners. Four strategies that are suggested to right-size the laboratory test offering of an organization include collaboration with a laboratory's medical leadership and...
- Heathcare. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/06/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 19, p18A
Reports healthcare developments in New York. Launch of a stroke center designed to provide swift treatment for stroke victims by Southside Hospital; Rehabilitation of the stroke victims; Awarding of grant to Stony Brook University professor by the New York State Office of Science, Technology and...
- From the editor. Stevens, Celia // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb2002, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p4
Introduces a series of articles about topics related to medical laboratories.
- Summer in the dead of winter. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Dec2003, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the development of labor-saving products in medical laboratories. Personnel shortage in the industry; Challenges facing medical laboratories in the U.S.
- Addressing management issues Percent of billing collected and testing for honesty. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Dec2003, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the percent of billing of medical laboratories in the U.S. Billing of the insurance payer; Variables in percent of billing collected.
- Evaluation of Stat and Routine Turnaround Times as a Component of Laboratory Quality. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/20/89, Vol. 262 Issue 15, p2064
Discusses the abstract of the paper 'Evaluation of Stat and Routine Turnaround Times As a Component of Laboratory Quality,' by Lee H. Hilnorne et al published in an issue of the periodical 'American Journal of Clinical Pathology.'
- Letters to the editor. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Sep2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
Comments on articles discussing medical laboratories.