Use of contraband cigarettes among adolescent daily smokers in Canada
- Adolescents with attitudeâ€¦changes in views about smoking over time. Mitchell, Jenna; Rosenberg, Michael; Wood, Lisa // Health Promotion Journal of Australia;Aug2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p109
Issue Addressed: Adolescents who experiment with smoking often develop into long-term, dependent smokers. Appropriate youth smoking prevention strategies require an understanding of the predictors of smoking (e.g. attitudes and beliefs) and the amenability of these to change over time. Method: A...
- CAN KIDS STOP SMOKING? // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p12
No abstract available.
- Evidence-based assessment of key points for decision-makers: tobacco. // European Health Report 2005;2005, p33
The article highlights the evidence-based assessment of key points for decision-makers in controlling tobacco use. According to the author, the tobacco control programs should be comprehensive to maximize smoking reductions. The program should include permanent price increases, scaled to...
- Framing Pictorial Cigarette Warning Labels to Motivate Young Smokers to Quit. Mays, Darren; Turner, Monique M.; Xiaoquan Zhao; Evans, W. Douglas; Luta, George; Tercyak, Kenneth P. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Jul2015, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p769
Introduction: The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act requires new pictorial warnings for U.S. cigarette packs, but enactment has been delayed by tobacco industry lawsuits. Research can inform implementation of the pictorial warning requirement and identify ways to optimize their...
- Fifty Years Later, Many Teens Still Smoke. Fillon, Mike // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;Mar2014, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p6
The article highlights the state of teenage cigarette smoking in the U.S., where according to nonprofit Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids about 3,500 youth try their first cigarette every day. Topics discussed include the findings of the 2012 National Youth Tobacco Survey from the Centers for...
- What does it take to be a smoker? Adolescents' characterization of different smoker types. Lee, Joann; Halpern-Felsher, Bonnie L. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Nov2011, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1106
Introduction:Studies have demonstrated that clinical- and research-based definitions of who a smoker is and what constitutes smoking often differ from adolescent-derived definitions, which can be problematic for effective intervention and prevention efforts. We investigated how...
- 'I quit'. Levine, Hallie // Self;Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p112
Focuses on the program of 'Self' for smokers in the U.S. Guidelines for smokers to quit; Selection of mentor; Advice on how to quit smoking.
- Vic bans dining durrie. // Travel Daily;8/25/2015, p4
The article reports on the ban on smoking in outdoor dining areas proposed by the Victorian Government, effective from August 2017, which will fine smokers up to 758 dollars.
- Unusual Advice on How to Stop Smoking. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;04/03/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p4
Gives imaginative suggestions on how to stop smoking. Things often associated with smoking; Why attractive people smoke; Valuable lesson that can be learned by smokers.