Pregnancy glycemia to vascular risk: Nonglycemic diabetes?
- Efecto de la obesidad severa y mÃ³rbida durante el embarazo sobre los resultados perinatales. Aranda Ballesteros, M.; Pineda Uorens, A.; Martínez Guzmán, J. M.; Manzanares Galán, S.; Ceballos González, Ma S.; Martín Benítez, A. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p4
No abstract available.
- Will my weight harm my baby? // Westchester County Business Journal;9/7/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 36, Special section p14
The article discusses maternal obesity that puts newborn health at risk. Studies show that obesity in women affects babies' health and may lead to premature births, stillbirths, preeclampsia or birth defects. Scientists are unable to understand the link between maternal obesity and birth defects...
- Short stature and gestational diabetes in Brazil. Branchtein, L.; Schmidt, M. I.; Matos, M. C. G.; Yamashita, T.; Pousada, J. M. D. C.; Duncan, B. B. // Diabetologia;Jul2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p848
Aims/hypothesis. To examine the association between maternal stature and gestational diabetes mellitus.Â¶Methods. We studied a sample of 5564 consecutive Brazilian women 20 or more years old, who were pregnant for approximately 21â€“28 weeks, had no history of diabetes outside pregnancy...
- Technology useful in managing diabetes during pregnancy. Wyatt, Sue; Kelly, Jenny // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the problem of managing diabetes during pregnancy. Pregnant women with pro existing diabetes need to achieve optimum glycaemic control for best foetal and maternal outcomes. Pre-pregnancy counselling and care is extremely important for these women. If adequate planning is...
- Rates and Risk Factors for Recurrence of Gestational Diabetes. MacNeill, Stephanie; Hamilton, David C.; Dodds, Linda; Armson, B. Anthony; Vandenhof, M. // Diabetes Care;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p659
Provides information on a study which determined the recurrence rate of gestational diabetes. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Diabetes and pregnancy. Darling, Tammy // Essence (Essence);Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the health risks posed by diabetes to pregnant women and the babies they are carrying. Causes and symptoms of gestational diabetes mellitus; Importance of getting screened for the disease; Diet modification.
- Prenatal health signals future risks. S. R. // Fit Pregnancy;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p34
The article reports that pregnant women with gestational diabetes (GD) are at 13-times-higher risk for diabetes later in life in comparison with those without GD.
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. // Diabetes Care;Jan2002 Supplement, Vol. 25, pS94
Presents information on gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). Risk assessment for GDM at the first prenatal visit; Obstetric and perinatal considerations; Therapeutic strategies during pregnancy; Long-term therapeutic considerations for the reclassification of maternal glycemic status.
- Gestational Diabetes: What It Means for You and Your Baby. // American Family Physician;9/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p1
Provides information on gestational diabetes. Definition of gestational diabetes; How gestational diabetes affects the body and the fetus; Suggested changes in the diet.