ON THE WEB
- It's the Business Basics with ID Convergence. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p82
The article discusses the employment of identification (ID) convergence in organizations as part of their security management systems. Colby DeRodeff cites some challenges that organizations will face in converging physical and logical security systems and teams which include the technical ones,...
- The Benefits of Trading Keys for Cards. Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses the importance for business organization to properly manage the identification cards (ID)/access badges of their employees. It notes the complexities associated with badging employees in several different facilities, challenging security personnel to identify the types of...
- Creating Security's Strategic Plan. Scaglione, Bernard // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2010, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p44
The author provides tips on how to create a strategic security plan. He cites the importance of considering the important elements in a security plan and defining the responsibilities and functions of the company's security department and personnel. The author advises to create an identification...
- Protecting America One Facility at a Time. // Integrated Physical Security Handbook (Government Training Inc.);2006, p1
More than half the businesses in the United States do not have a crisis management plan and of those that do, many do not keep it up-to-date. Even fewer businesses and organizations have integrated physical security plans to protect their facilities and people who work in them. While alarming,...
- NSI granted green approval credentials. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the UKAS approval for the National Security Inspectorate (NSI) on its Environmental Management Systems certification scheme. According to NSI, it is the only sector-specific accredited certification body able to provide for those who operate in the security and fire...
- Cumberland County businesses expanding, upgrading. Ryan, Jim T. // Central Penn Business Journal;11/26/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
The article presents the companies in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania including Pennsylvania Cable Network, American Mint, and Delta Development Group Inc., which upgraded their facilities and technology.
- Facilities Open Doors to Custom Access. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2010, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p38
The article discusses the move of business companies to improve their access management scheme following the September 11, 2001 attack in the U.S. Alan Snow, safety and security director for Prudential Center, explains the significance of their security access management program since they have...
- Business excellence nominees sought. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/14/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1
The article presents a call for nominations for the 11th annual Business Excellence Awards of the periodical "New Hampshire Business Review" (NHBR), deadline of which is on August 23, 2013.
- MEETINGSNET.COM:. // Association Meetings;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p9
The article announces that a new Meeting Professionals International award program dubbed as the MPI Recognizing Industry Success and Excellence (RISE) Awards will open in phases with the first award to be presented at MPI-WEC 2009.