Breaking the "Mystery" of Investigations Success
- Una empresa prevenida vale por dos. García, Arturo; Maubert, Ilse // Entrepreneur Mexico;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p108
No abstract available.
- Reality Check. Sidel, Scott // Information Security;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p20
The article presents tips to make security outsourcing function properly. These include hiring a managed security service provider to take inventory and implement processes which will improve the security program and prepare the company for outsourcing. Guidelines for incident reporting,...
- Monitoring use of privatized security services. // American School & University;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on `American School & University' magazine's 4th annual survey which reveals that 9.3% of school districts contract out security services in the United States.
- Fraud in the 'outback': Capable guardianship in preventing financial crime in regional and remote communities. Smith, Russell G.; Jorna, Penny // Trends & Issues in Crime & Criminal Justice;Jun2011, Issue 413, p1
The article explores the risks of financial crime in remote and regional communities in Australia. It stresses that the difficulties in ensuring adequate levels of capable guardianship in non-urban locations which are often disadvantaged in terms of money and knowledge of fraud risks, and the...
- Case or no case? Misonzhnik, Elaine // Retail Traffic;Jan2008, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the lawsuits filed against property owners and managers due to the loss of human lives in the U.S. In November 2003, a shooting incident at Blue Ridge Mall in Kansas City, left Eric Wheaton, brain damaged. He sued the mall's manager, MBS Mall Investor LLC and its security...
- RANGER AMERICAN: 25 years of security expertise. Nylund, Liisa Nido // Caribbean Business;3/29/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 12, pS6
The article discusses the achievements of Ranger American of Puerto Rico Inc. on its 25 years of security service in Puerto Rico. The company is a full-service security provider and offer security guard services, alarm and close-circuit television installations. They secure sites including...
- The Globalization of Private Security. Abrahamsen, Rita; Williams, Michael C. // World Today;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 61, p5
Discusses the globalization of private security. Growth of private security companies; Increase in the fragmentation of the security field; Transformations in security provision.
- Soft Targets. Rosenberg, Janice // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p28
The article focuses on several strategies that shopping mall managers and security companies have implemented after the recent violence in the U.S. shopping centers. The Valor Security Services is putting bicycle patrols to supplement unarmed security forces, while security guards at the Mall of...
- Global security markets set for healthy growth, research claims. // International Fire & Security Product News;Feb2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the projected expansion of the private contractual security services market according to the study "World Security Services, conducted by the Freedonia Group. Forecasted revenues of contract guarding; Expected expansion of security products in 2006; Implications of the study for the...