Making the ID with Quality Lenses
- HOMEFRONT. Crandall, Jordan // Surveillance & Society;Apr2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p115
The article presents various scenarios that demonstrate numerous positions behind the camera lens of a closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera. A scene of a woman who is rapidly walking along a deserted urban street has been captured in the handheld long shot position in a night mode of a CCTV...
- Big Brother is looking at us from the mirror. Nelson, Ronald // Jefferson County Journal;9/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 36, pA4
In the article, the author discusses the growing use of cameras in the U.S., particularly those installed by civil authorities to monitor people's activities, as well as private businesses to check on the operation of their businesses.
- TV Patrol. // Time;5/10/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 19, p56
The article offers information on the advantages of the television (TV) patrol cameras. It highlights the new television system in suburban Mount Vernon, N.Y. that has improved the law and order situation of the area as compared to the last year for the same period of the year. The article...
- 5 Ways to Measure up LPR & Non-LPR Cameras. Klotz-Young, Heather // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2012, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p81
The article reports on the means to choose cameras for license plate recognition (LPR). It notes that general network cameras have continued to advance in which it has opened up the possibility to use them for LPR functions. It mentions that standard surveillance cameras can be used for LPR...
- Picking the Proper Lens. Hauk, Darrel // Residential Systems;Feb2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the factors to be considered in estimating the required lens of a surveillance camera. It states that the distance from the camera to the preferred viewing area should be measured by considering the height and the furthest distance of the camera. It mentions that the width...
- IFSEC International to highlight latest security technology. // Imaging & Machine Vision Europe;Apr/May2013, Issue 56, p7
The article offers brief information on the various security techniques which include remote surveillance by Close-Circuit television, Thermal imaging and video analytics from IFSEC International Academy.
- Color Reproduction Provides Detail for Surveillance. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p64
The article offers brief information on the Dinion HD 1080p Day/Night IP cameras from Bosch Ltd.
- Axis Tool Allows A&E, Designers to Virtualize Camera Layout & Fields of View. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p144
The article offers brief information on the Axis Camera Families, a collection of 3D surveillance camera models for use with Autodesk Revit software, from Axis Communications Inc.
- Ease Outdoor Video Surveillance. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2011, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p126
The article offers brief information on the video surveillance camera i-PRO Smart HD WV-SW395 from Panasonic Corp.