Upgrading Security Using a Retrofit Approach
- Integrated Plan: Access, CCTV, Fire and Facility Systems. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2001, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p61
Discusses the security systems at international airports in the Brazil. Components of infrastructure management and security; Access controls; Fire alarms; Video surveillance and building automation with energy.
- Newark Liberty International Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p13
The article reports that a security checkpoint at the Newark Liberty International Airport was closed due to an escaped cat,
- Holistic Platform. Bill, Zalud // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the use of a holistic security approach at Phoenic Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. Use of the automation and control service business unit from Honeywell Internationals; Utilization of smart card photo identification badging; Installation of digital videos and...
- Airport questions protocol. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;12/2/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p7
The article reports on the issue about the security measures at Missoula International Airport (MSO) complained by multiple travellers which has received significant media attention, citing the significant role of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in Montana.
- Fledgling Security Force Takes Charge at BWI. Croft, John // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/6/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p40
Reports the actions of the Transportation Security Administration for a security checkpoints at Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Call for a national mobile screener force; Provisions of an on-the-job training to federalized passenger screeners; Speculation of date in operation at BWI.
- BUMPS IN THE SKY. Fonda, Daren; Donnelly, Sally B.; Thomas, Cathy Booth // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/3/2003, Issue 43, p28
The article focuses on the role of college student Nathaniel Heatwole in showing the condition of airport security in the U.S. Saying he was committing civil disobedience to expose flaws in the nation's aviation-security system, Heatwole breached security six times over an eight-month period at...
- Alleged airport system flaw raises tempers, questions. O'Connell, Tim // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the altercation between security designers, installers and end users at an international airport. Flaws in security systems; Exposure to terrorism; Detection of defect on physical access control system by California-based MSF Associates, a computer security consulting firm.
- FYI's new biometric screeners now on the job. Sullivan, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/25/2006, Issue 323600, p1
The article provides an overview of the U.S. Visit, a biometric screening program introduced at the Fresno-Yosemite International Airport in California. It uses a device that records the fingerprints and facial recognition of a person. However, the device does not regulate lawful foreigners...
- Trying to Capture Security Threats With Cameras. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;5/19/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p17
The article presents an update on the evaluation being conducted by law enforcement officers on how to capture security threats at the Atlantic City International Airport in New Jersey using high-technology cameras. It indicates the cost of the security system being used, which includes a...