Tech-Armed Officers on Future's Watch
- Security Officers Firms. // Inside Tucson Business;11/30/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p7
A chart is presented that lists security officers firms for 2009 including G4S Wachenhut, Blackstone Security Services Inc. and Frontier Asset Protection LLC.
- Security Monitoring & Data Center Offers Integrated Services. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p24
The article features the G4S Monitoring and Data Center (MDC) of G4S Wackenhut, which offers remote-hosted services including access control system monitoring, visitor and gate management, and facilitate on-demand video playback.
- SPECIAL REPORT GUARD COMPANY PROFILES. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p56
The article profiles several security firms including Unitex Direct, AlliedBarton Security Services and G4S Wackenhut. As stated, Unitex provides uniforms, accessories, equipment and promotional products to security, aviation, public safety and hospitality companies. AlliedBarton provides highly...
- JEFFREY STARR. SILVERBERG, DAVID // HS Today;May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p56
The article features Jeffrey Starr, senior vice president of G4S Wackenhut. It is stated that G4S is the second largest corporation in the world, with contracts from various national governments. Starr worked in the nuclear black market buying loose nuclear material for the U.S. which brought...
- G4S Wackenhut Rebrands as G4S. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that G4S Wackenhut Corp. changes its company name into G4S in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- Behind-the-Scenes Security Techniques. Smith, Jack // Buildings;Apr2008, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p42
The article offers information about the Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) market. PSIM is undergoing powerful changes, largely driven by technology innovation, and includes software solutions that comprise the industry. These software solutions solve the problems that chief...
- "Professional" Is Word for Training. Yates, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2006, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p65
The article focuses on the development of a strong base of skills and tools in security professionals. The obstacles to gaining and updating key skill sets mount along with the emerging of even more complex technologies. The chances of being elected to join or lead projects become better as...
- DATA CENTERS ON THE FRONT LINES. Serluco, Paul // Homeland Defense Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the technological innovations which help secure the safety of the U.S. border. To overcome the challenges that put the U.S. security at risk, the authorities rely on information technology to assist the safety of the vicinity through the creation of several data centers....
- Disaster Recovery -- Building Resilience. Serluco, Paul // Homeland Defense Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p28
The article offers information on the move initiated by various organizations in the U.S. on how to protect physical properties in times of disaster. Habits were formulated and adopted to ensure that they are prepared for any interruptions caused by any type of catastrophe. Such habits are also...