What is the Future for Real ID?
- What's ahead in Washington. Klierty, Seymour // High Plains Journal;4/15/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p4B
The author reflects on the challenges face by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and the Congress related to the assessment of legislative bills related to gun control, agriculture, and immigration.
- Obama gives directives to 'his' congress. Thomas-Tisdale, Alice // Jackson Advocate;1/26/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the directives given by U.S. President Barack Obama during his State of the Union Address on January 24, 2012 to the Congress to make bills that will help the struggling U.S. people.
- The 80 Billion Dollar Question. Paul, Reid // Pharmaceutical Representative;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the issue concerning the deal agreed by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) with the U.S. Congress to receive $80 billion of funds as part of health care reform. Pharmaceutical companies raised their concern that the amount will not be enough...
- Amtrak. // AirGuide Business;2/8/2010, p3
The article reports on the historic federal investment of U.S. President Barack Obama amounting to 4.5 billion dollars which was awarded in grants for state projects that support improvements to the present Amtrak national route network.
- Statement on Senate Action on Immigration Reform Legislation. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/30/2010, p1
The article presents a statement released by U.S. President Barack Obama on an immigration reform bill introduced by Senator Robert Menendez in the Senate in 2010. According to Obama, Menendez and others in Congress have demonstrated leadership on the issue of immigration. He noted that the U.S....
- Obama Care Passes House 219 to 212. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/24/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the passage of Obama Health Care bill in the U.S. House of Representatives with 219 yes vote and 212 no vote from Republicans.
- Spotlight. Cruz, Gilbert // Time;4/5/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 13, p12
The article discusses legislation being reviewed in the U.S. Senate that would change government implementation of the federal student-loan program according to preferences of U.S. President Barack Obama. Private loan companies would be dismissed from the program. If the proposed legislation is...
- GORNer Comments. Gibson, David // Southwest Farm Press;9/19/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p2
In this article, the author focuses on the passage of a farm bill in the U.S. He mentions that the U.S. Senate has passed a farm bill both in 2012 and 2013 and in 2013 the bill was opposed by the Congress due to its nutritional aspects. He highlights that the bill will be modified and submitted...
- Final DoD Bill Challenges White House On Multiple Weapons Programs. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;12/18/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 52, p9
The article reports on the U.S. Congress' final defense policy bill which supports Pentagon plans to fund a tri-nation missile-defense program and retire aircraft. The bill also authorizes the Pentagon to continue biofuel development, study an additional U.S. missile-defense site, and use a...