The World Doesn't Revolve Around IT
- STAFF RECRUITMENT FROM ABROAD RISES AS TRUSTS PLUG SKILLS GAP. // Nursing Standard;2/20/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p10
Increasing numbers of qualified nurses from Portugal and Spain are being recruited to fill staffing vacancies in NHS trusts across England's Eastern region.
- New recruitment method used to fill 100 posts. // Nursing Standard;3/19/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p64
The article reports on a successful nurse recruitment initiative featuring the use of social networking sites which was developed at Walsall Healthcare National Health Service Trust in Great Britain to help address an increase in patients.
- 10 Tips for Recruiting Nurses on the Web. Curtin, Leah; Simpson, Roy L. // Health Management Technology;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p46
Discusses in detail how the Internet is changing the face of recruiting. Impact of the Internet on job recruiting; Inclusion of a description of an organization's nursing environment; Statement of the organization's mission and philosophy of nursing; Specification of the benefits.
- A Hong Kong perspective on ways to improve nurse retention. Chan, Zenobia CY; Lai, Wing-Fu // Nursing Standard;5/5/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p35
Nursing shortages are an international issue and are particularly evident in perioperative care, critical care and emergency services. The solution commonly adopted to tackle this problem is to increase the recruitment of nurses to replace the loss, whereas efforts to try and retain existing...
- How About a 900% Raise? Belone, Aisha // Latin Trade (English);Jul2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the recruitment of registered nurses from Mexico due to the shortage of medical personnel in the U.S. Forecast on the increase of the demand for nurses according to the U.S. government; Launch of a program on nursing career placement by the Los Angeles, California-based MDS Global...
- Helpline seeks recruits, despite contract sell off. Sprinks, Jennifer // Nursing Standard;8/7/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p11
NHS Direct is looking to recruit 72 permanent band 5 nurses to work for its troubled non-emergency helpline 111 despite announcing last week that it will find new providers for its contracts.
- 'Hundreds of Indian nurses can soon join the workforce'. // Nursing Standard;10/28/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p13
Allowing more nurses in from abroad will affect companies that offer overseas recruitment services.
- The Return of the RNs. Thrall, Terese Hudson // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2009, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on hospital employment of registered nurses (RNs) amid the recession in 2009. While many areas of the U.S. remain ensnared in a nursing shortage, others are seeing the situation ease a bit as RNs who had quit working seek to resume their careers and part-time or temporary...
- A Boston hospital finds a cure for the turnover disease. Koprowski, Gene // Workforce Management;Oct2003, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p77
Reports on how the Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts solved its nurse recruiting problem. Vacancy rate for nurses in 2002; Role of Dianne Anderson in solving the problem; Improvement in the treatment of nurses by doctors; Benefits offered to registered nurses.