The World Doesn't Revolve Around IT
- STAFF RECRUITMENT FROM ABROAD RISES AS TRUSTS PLUG SKILLS GAP. // Nursing Standard;2/20/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p10
Increasing numbers of qualified nurses from Portugal and Spain are being recruited to fill staffing vacancies in NHS trusts across England's Eastern region.
- 10 Tips for Recruiting Nurses on the Web. Curtin, Leah; Simpson, Roy L. // Health Management Technology;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p46
Discusses in detail how the Internet is changing the face of recruiting. Impact of the Internet on job recruiting; Inclusion of a description of an organization's nursing environment; Statement of the organization's mission and philosophy of nursing; Specification of the benefits.
- New recruitment method used to fill 100 posts. // Nursing Standard;3/19/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p64
The article reports on a successful nurse recruitment initiative featuring the use of social networking sites which was developed at Walsall Healthcare National Health Service Trust in Great Britain to help address an increase in patients.
- Attracting top talent. Richards, Bill // Nursing Management - UK;Nov2016, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p16
The author reflects on the growing shortage for nursing talent in Great Britain, and mentions topics including the global demand for nurses, the highlights of the report "Uncovering the Causes of Global Jobs Mismatch" from the job website Indeed, and the need for new recruitment strategies.
- How About a 900% Raise? Belone, Aisha // Latin Trade (English);Jul2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the recruitment of registered nurses from Mexico due to the shortage of medical personnel in the U.S. Forecast on the increase of the demand for nurses according to the U.S. government; Launch of a program on nursing career placement by the Los Angeles, California-based MDS Global...
- Helpline seeks recruits, despite contract sell off. Sprinks, Jennifer // Nursing Standard;8/7/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p11
NHS Direct is looking to recruit 72 permanent band 5 nurses to work for its troubled non-emergency helpline 111 despite announcing last week that it will find new providers for its contracts.
- 'Hundreds of Indian nurses can soon join the workforce'. // Nursing Standard;10/28/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p13
Allowing more nurses in from abroad will affect companies that offer overseas recruitment services.
- A Hong Kong perspective on ways to improve nurse retention. Chan, Zenobia CY; Lai, Wing-Fu // Nursing Standard;5/5/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p35
Nursing shortages are an international issue and are particularly evident in perioperative care, critical care and emergency services. The solution commonly adopted to tackle this problem is to increase the recruitment of nurses to replace the loss, whereas efforts to try and retain existing...
- Tallaght recruitment drive now underway. Reilly, Derek // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Feb2015, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p20
No abstract available.