Smelling Like a Frat Party
- Alcoholism: Disease or Vice? Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;May2002, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p112
Focuses on dealing with alcoholism in the workplace. Role of the manager when faced with issues related to alcoholic employees; Dispute over alcoholism as a disease or a vice; Ways of dealing with alcoholic employees.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;2/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
Presents updates on legal issues related to the human resource development sector of Great Britain, as of February 2003. Cases on holiday pay under the Working Time Regulations; Alcohol consumption of employees; Effect of child break on continuity of employment and statutory rights.
- Firms count cost of over-indulgence. // Personnel Today;8/19/2003, p7
Focuses on the survey of human resource (HR) professionals in the Great Britain regarding absenteeism and under-performance in the workplace due to alcohol consumption. Belief of employers in Great Britain about the effects of drinking by employees; Drinking habits of employed people.
- DEALING WITH ALCOHOLISM ON THE JOB. // Management Review;Jul85, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the problem of alcoholism among employees in the United States. Percentage of workers affected by alcoholism; State of programs dealing with alcoholism in the workplace; Management approaches for employees with alcoholism problem.
- Alcohol in the Workplace Causes Headaches. Clemow, Brian // BusinessWest;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p54
Presents two examples of the many and varied ways in which alcohol can cause problems for employees. Case involving an employee of the Crystal Rock Spring Water Co.; Case of a construction firm employee who was killed trying to cross a busy highway; Suggestions for companies interested in...
- Supervisor's insight. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;9/14/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 79, p3
The article offers tips for supervisors on how to handle an employee suspected to be drunk. According to the author, the supervisor need to manage in such a way that protect the employer's interest to prevent a lawsuit while treating the employee fairly. It highlights the significance of letting...
- Can alcohol mix with my security strategy? Manwani, Sharm; Chatham, Robina; Rawlinson, Roger; Dunne, Ellen // Computer Weekly;6/28/2005, p18
The article presents specialist knowledge from a panel of experts for solving an organizational problem. The problem discussed is that of the recruitment of an IT expert who sometimes smells strongly of alcohol. If this problem has occurred on several occasions, it is arguably too late to nip it...
- Testing put to the test. Brown, Brandon // NZ Business;Aug2012, p62
The article analyzes the pros and cons of implementing a company alcohol and drug policy in New Zealand. The author states that testing employees for drug and alcohol impairment allows a company to identify potential hazards in the workplace. He states though, that the policy's scope should be...
- Employer drug and alcohol policies: What to include. Magruder, Michelle R. // Inside Counsel (SyndiGate Media Inc.);11/12/2015, p2
The article discusses the importance for employers in the U.S. to have a written drug and alcohol policy as employees' health are critical for their success as well as the company's, highlighting key aspects that must be included in the policy.