Getting Performance Reviews Right
- Performance Appraisals: Solving Tough Challenges. Grote, Dick // HR Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p145
Focuses on how to handle performance appraisals in some of the difficult situations. Appraisal for a distant subordinate; Technically superior subordinate; Dealing with unrealistic expectations.
- Welcome to Roadmaps! // Workforce Management;Jul2012, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p20
The article offers information on a new form of content, Roadmaps, which focuses on changing terrain of employee performance management, and each roadmap includes an Orientation Guide which gives a high level overview of the subject and articles.
- 'You Are Simply Average' Flynn, Peter // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p51
Discusses several aspects of performance appraisal of employees. Functions of performance appraisals; Tactics used by managers to avoid giving a direct message to employees about their average performance; Importance of discussing goals and opportunities to improve performance during the...
- Predictors of Performance Appraisal Discomfort. Smith, Wanda J.; Harrington, K. Vernard; Houghton, Jeffery D. // Public Personnel Management;Spring2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p21
In this study, one hundred and eight state and federal employees responded to a questionnaire concerning their feelings of discomfort during performance appraisal. It was hypothesized that performance appraisal discomfort (PAD) would be positively related to beliefs concerning the importance of...
- The Platinum Rule. Nodstrom, Rodney R.; Hall, R. Vance // Training & Development Journal;Sep86, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p57
Presents an overview of the behavioral approach to management for new managers. Significance of motivation in improving employee productivity; Definition of performance; Observing and recording performance; Intervention strategies; Performance remeasuring and evaluation.
- Creating a Successful Performance Review Plan. BOES, EMILY; HULL, CARLEY // Tire Review;Nov2016, Vol. 116 Issue 11, p46
The article offers the author's insights on things to consider in the evaluation of employee performance including employee's experience in the business, performance appraisals, and feedback provided by employers to their employees.
- The New Thinking in Performance Appraisals. Fandray, Dayton // Workforce (10928332);May2001, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p36
Deals with the move of companies in the United States to scrap the performance appraisal system for employees and use ongoing assessment and feedback as evaluation systems. Information on performance appraisals; Results of the survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management on the...
- Don't Mistake a Bull Market For Brains. Anderson, Dave // Credit Union Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on how managers rate the performance of their employees. Managers get the job done on the backs of the other people, by pushing, abusing, or intimidating to get results. They get results because they have created a culture of discipline or have become tyrants who impose...
- New Developments in Performance Management. Latham, Gary P.; Almost, Joan; Mann, Sara; Moore, Celia // Organizational Dynamics;Feb2005, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p77
This article, grounded in leading edge findings in the behavioral sciences, provides practical, straightforward recommendations on the success of coaching employees about ways to increase their performance. New developments of innovative appraisal instruments, ways to train coaches, and the use...