- Employee Referrals Improve Recruiting. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;03/12/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the importance of employee referrals on improving recruitment processes in the United States. Benefits of employee referral; Generation of qualified applicants; Incorporation of gift certificates and cash rewards as motivators.
- Battling a labor shortage? It's all in your imagination. Schafer, Sarah // Inc.;Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p24
Points out the importance of creativity in attracting and keeping motivated employees. The example of Candace Bryan and her company Kendle, who keeps a low turnover rate by displaying pictures of her employees on the hallways of the company; The Leonhardt Plating Co. who let the polishing...
- Seminar planned on recruiting, keeping workers. // Inside Tucson Business;11/03/97, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p21
Highlights a seminar on recruiting and retaining motivated employees. Plans to hold the event at the University of Arizona in Tucson on November 12, 1997; Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and the University of Arizona's Karl Eller Center as hosts for the event; Contact information.
- Managing in the new millennium. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Feb2000, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p17
Provides information in forming a motivated work force. Details on the recruitment of employees; Strategies in making employee commitment; How to involve employees in the business.
- Question & Answer. Bruno, Barbara // Fordyce Letter;Feb2012, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to business including the quarter of the year that historically best for the staffing and recruiting profession, employee motivation, and how to get experienced recruiters.
- Ask Barb. Bruno, Barbara // Fordyce Letter;Sep2013, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to employment which include how to get candidates to be more truthful during job interviews, how to change the attitudes and decisions of candidates and clients without offending them, and how to stay motivated in work. INSET: Here's How To...
- The Care and Handling of Writers. Brady, John // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jun2006, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p51
The author reflects on the responsibilities of editors in recruiting and rewarding writers and rewriting their works for a magazine. Several ways to recruit writers are cited such as in trade shows and in faculty at schools and colleges. The inclusion of a byline on the cover of a magazine...
- Four Pillars of Excellence. Ballmer, Steve // Executive Excellence;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the four pillars to business success. Importance of having a clear vision; Need to motivate employees; Recruitment of people who share the company's vision and priorities.
- Finding the balance to work/life issues. Olins, Rufus // Management Today;May99, p10
Editorial. Presents solutions to problems surrounding recruitment, retention and motivation of key management staff. Highlights of `The Price of Success,' a survey concerning corporate work/life issues; Developing initiatives for achieving balance between work and life; `Superwoman' author...