House Democrats Criticize Proposed HUD Budget
- Coming: The `data circle' revolution. Peirce, Neal // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p11C
Features the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) system for computing the federal government's expenses in poor areas. Features of the system; Data's social impact.
- AFC receives $4.2M HUD grant. // Windy City Times;3/18/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p8
The article announces that Supportive Housing for Health Partnership under the AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) has received a grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- OMHAR: Section 8 Restructuring May Miss Deadline. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p5
Reports that Ira Peppercorn, head of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring (OMHAR), has acknowledged the possibility that his office will not meet the restructuring of projects financed under Section 8 housing...
- HUD lands significant funding increases for most programs. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p6
Focuses on United States President Bill Clinton's proposal to increase the Department of Housing and Urban Development's budget in fiscal 2000. Economic development initiatives included in the plan; Administration's support for raising the cap on the low-income housing tax credit.
- House Panel Approves Spending Plan for HUD, Revolving Funds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p32
Reports on the United States House Appropriations subcommittee's approval of a spending package for the clean-water state revolving loan fund in fiscal 2002 and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) budget. Spending bill for the fiscal year that begins October 1, 2001; Amount...
- Counting coup: 1.9 million dollar competitive grant awarded to Tonkawa Tribe. Camp, Dwain // Native American Times;9/4/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the nearly 2 million U.S. dollar grant to be awarded by the Housing and Urban Development to the Tonkawa Tribal Nation in Oklahoma. The Native American tribe explained that the grant will be used to rehabilitate 74 homes within their service area in the next three years....
- HUD gives $33 million to HIV/AIDS housing. // Windy City Times;4/4/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p17
The article focuses on a plan by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to award almost 33 million U.S. dollars in housing grants to extremely low-income persons living with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS).
- Do Housing Counseling Results Justify the Taxpayer Expense? Sinnock, Bonnie // Nationalmortgagenews.com;12/9/2014, p10
The article discusses whether federal and state spending on housing counseling is justified. Topics discussed include general counseling assistance accounting for less than 13 cents of every 100 dollars of the budget of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), non-profit organization...
- Amid Hurricanes and Floods, a Deluge of Development for Lenders. Frank, Janet // Community Banker;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p74
Focuses on the developments made by federal banking regulators on financial relief for hurricane and flood-affected borrowers and policyholders in the U.S. Guidance issued to lenders by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.;...