Big Apple Buzzes With Olympic Talk
- In Ohio, reds deal on track despite bengals cost overruns. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p3
Reports on plans of Hamilton County, Ohio, to issue bonds to help finance the construction of the stadiums for the Cincinnati Bengals football team and the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. Details of the planned bond issues; Increase in the county's share of the stadium costs.
- Stadium, school deals will provide for those seeking Quality. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p7
Focuses on the impact of stadium and school finance deals in particular districts of the United States on municipal investors. Prudential Securities Inc.'s sales tax revenue for its Metropolitan Football Stadium District; Purpose of Texas general obligation student loan bonds; Construction of...
- TEXAS: Katy ISD Eyes Stadium GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/23/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33949, p9
The article reports that the Independent School District of Katy, Texas, is planning to ask voters for 68 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds in November 2013 to build the second football stadium in Houston-area district.
- REFI INTEREST. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/14/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p0021
The article discusses the savings gained by Detroit-Wayne Country Stadium Authority in Comerica Park with the refinancing of loan through bonds with 30-year tax exemption issued in 1997, the construction funding from the Michigan Strategic Fund and the Downtown Development Authority.
- Minnesota Offers GOs for Capital Projects; Stadium Is Next. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;8/6/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33957, p6
The article reports that the government of Minnesota will offer 470 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds for financing the Minnesota Vikings National Football League stadium.
- San Diego group seeks to repeal extra bonds for ballpark. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p25
Reports that the Association of Concerned Taxpayers in San Diego, California is attempting to prevent the city from borrowing money to build a baseball stadium for the San Diego Padres. Former councilman J. Bruce Henderson's leadership of the association; Financial agreements connected to the...
- Georgia Supreme Court OKs Football Stadium Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;3/16/2015, p13
The article reports on the affirmative ruling issued by the Georgia Supreme Court on the municipal bonds issued for the construction of a football stadium for National Football League (NFL) team Atlanta Falcons in Georgia. Topics explored include the opposition to the public financing of the...
- IDAHO: Boise State Stadium Fever. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32570, p9
The article reports that construction of the football stadium of the Boise State University, Boise in Idaho will be financed by municipal bonds. Moody's Investors Service Inc. declared its A1 rating on the university related to a resulting $29.5 million bond issue. The stadium will include an...
- Minnesota Supreme Court Dismisses Vikings Stadium Bond Challenge. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/22/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34047, p1
The article reports that the Minnesota Supreme Court as of January 21, 2014 has rejected a request from a group of citizens to block the state's sale of 468 million U.S. dollars of general fund appropriation-backed bonds. It mentions that the reason behind the rejection was to help pay for the...