Playing Hardball, MLB Chief Tells Florida to Back Stadium Package
- Commissioner Selig--Is he the right choice? Verducci, Tom; Montville, Leigh; McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;06/29/98, Vol. 88 Issue 26, p23
Questions whether Bud Selig is the right person for the job of Major League Baseball Commissioner. Reasons for and against Selig being commissioner.
- Wedded bliss--for now. Knisley, Michael // Sporting News;07/20/98, Vol. 222 Issue 29, p16
Profiles Bud Selig, appointed commissioner of the Major League Baseball (MLB) in 1998. Comments from Selig; Information on the restructuring agreement of MLB in February 1994; Assessment on Selig's personality; Comments from John Moores, owner of the San Diego Padres.
- All shook up. Hersch, Hank; Kennedy, Kostya // Sports Illustrated;07/21/97, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on Bud Selig, acting baseball commissioner who is considering numerous proposals for realignment of the major leagues. How expansion teams have brought the realignment issue to the fore; Why realignment is not the answer to baseball's problems; Arizona Diamondbacks' Jerry Colangelo as...
- To Bud, or not to Bud? Knisley, Michael, // Sporting News;08/04/97, Vol. 221 Issue 31, p17
Argues that appointing Bud Selig as the permanent commissioner of the Major League Baseball would be disastrous for the league. Selig's failure to make up his mind whether he wants the job after five years as acting commissioner; Selig's lack of support among team owners.
- Ingredients to make Bud wiser. Kindred, Dave // Sporting News;07/13/98, Vol. 222 Issue 28, p63
Focuses on the contributions of Commissioner Bud Selig in the Major League Baseball. Conflict of Selig's interests with his job as commissioner; How the owners of the league evaluated the attitude of Selig; Job requirements of the league owners for the commissioner.
- MLB extends Selig's deal to 2014 season. Baum, Bob // Charlotte Post;1/19/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p5A
This article reports that U.S. Major League Baseball (MLB) Commissioner Bud Selig was given by team owners a two-year contract extension through the 2014 season.
- ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS. // Inside Tucson Business;5/17/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p7
The article reports on the Major League Baseball Commissioner, Bud Selig, as he avoided the issue on moving the 2011 All-Star Game out of Phoenix, Arizona due to the passage of anti-illegal immigration law.
- Thanks but no thanks. // Sporting News;06/29/98, Vol. 222 Issue 26, p10
Comments on Commissioner Bud Selig of the Major League Baseball. Contribution of the commissioner during his tenure; Condition of the league during his tenure.
- Insider. Heyman, Jon // Sporting News;05/15/2000, Vol. 224 Issue 20, p16
Focuses on developments related to Major League Baseball in North America, current as of May 15, 2000. Commissioner Bud Selig's plan to realign the teams; Outlook for the postseason lineup.