Taos, N.M., Officials: Countywide Tax Belongs to County
- Excise Tax Deposits. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the final regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service on excise tax deposits and applied to tax liabilities incurred after February 28, 1997.
- Ohio Commercial Activity Tax Passes First Constitutional Hurdle. Kulwicki, Laura A. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Dec2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p25
Laura A. Kulwicki discusses the Ohio Commercial Activity Tax, which was recently upheld as a franchise tax that was not levied or collected upon the sale or purchase of food and was therefore not in violation of the Ohio constitution.
- IRS regulation means more taxes on prepaid services. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p27
Discloses the commencement of the implementation of a United States Internal Revenue Service regulation which places an excise tax on prepaid calling cards and services. Implemented provisions of the Taxpayer Relief Act; Goal of the federal law; Ways of determining the retail face value of...
- House votes to phase out telecom tax. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p38
Discusses the passage by the United States House of Representatives of a bill phasing out the telecommunications excise tax.
- Hit the Jackpot? Hogan, Mike // Entrepreneur;Sep2006, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p54
The article reports on the abolition of the three percent federal excise tax imposed on telephone bills in the United States, where previous payments will be credited next tax season. The CTIA-The Wireless Association's tax website provides information about taxation for various goods and...
- Excise duty cheer. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;1/4/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p7
Deals with the excise duty policy of Great Britain for agricultural vehicles. Exemption policy of the excise duty.
- Aviation excise taxes back. // Traffic World;8/26/96, Vol. 247 Issue 8, p16
Reports that President Bill Clinton has signed, on August 20, 1996, a law which will temporarily renew aviation excise taxes which expired on December 31, 1995. Decline in the aviation trust fund since the expiration of the taxes; Airlines' celebration of the restoration of the taxes by...
- IRS May Be at Odds With Pennsylvania School Notes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p1
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may be requesting Pennsylvania's Neshannock Township School District to pay the arbitrage for violating tax laws for its $9.6 million three-year securities. Evidences that confirms the trouble between IRS and the school district; Cause for hiring...
- State journal. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;06/11/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the elimination of Victor C. Kirk's position as chief lobbyist to the state legislature for the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana, following his testimony before the state House education committee against a tax bill allowing school districts to set up separate tax...